Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Loving My Z, GoPro, And Living In The Thick Of It  (Read 1034 times)

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Loving My Z, GoPro, And Living In The Thick Of It
Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 06:15:02 PM
Hey buddy. Thatís a bit weird, I was just scrolling through the forum last night and thought I hadnít seen anything from you for a while. ### to what others may think of it, post what you want. Personally I enjoy reading about others adventures and seeing pics/videos. Iím not in a position to do any touring/adventures due to having young kids at home, so my riding enjoyment comes from taking the odd 100 miles where I can. Other than that, Iíve got several routes I can take home from work with a variety of distances, depending on how much time Iíve got spare.

Keep the posts coming, itís Z and biking related, exactly what the forum is for as far as Iím concerned :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Gittes1974

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 moondust
  • Town / City: Sacramento, Calif
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 01:37:13 AM
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]
Anyway, I hope everyone is well and able to get out and ride.

Great photos.  Your old posts explaining all your mods are really helpful (especially the ones on the SW-Motech bags and suspension mods).  Thanks, and enjoy the rides.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 02:51:21 PM
*Originally Posted by savedzrex [+]
Cool old photo.........we had a trip planned for this week mainly of bunch ZRX people .  A few may still be up running around in the North Georgia area & the skyway.

Hoping PA is good by mid July for the KOTF 2020 rally.... Need NY to get going also + open the border for the Canadians  :063:
"The ride is the reason"

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 03:47:33 PM
If you guys show some good stats about the covid Iíll be more incline to visit you. Otherwise Iíll stay in my country lol. Right now the border is closed until June 21. Will see..
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Upstate SC
Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 10:57:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Its also nice to hear that when you take the time to review things it helps others out. I know I am always on the hunt for honest reviews of things before I bite the bullet and pull out the ole CC.

I have been on many forums over the years and am on a couple others as well now since I am fortunate enough to also have a 16 FJR1300. Its a great sport touring bike though with the Motech bags I also take touring trips on the Z as well. As much as I enjoy being a part of the forums like this it seems the one thing really lacking is members sharing the excitement of their rides, trips, etc. You can certainly learn a lot when someone does share just as we do with product reviews.

Rob I appreciate that you have always enjoyed the things I put on here. Honestly I really enjoy writing and its fun describing the things I experience riding but don't share as much as I would like as others do not seem interested or at least they don't comment on it so why bother. I am the opposite as I crave what others are doing out there. We read and enjoy reading stories in motorcycle magazines right? But for some reason you don't get much love on forums when you share things other than "What Did You Do To Your Z Today"?. You have endless threads of sprocket talk and mods in general and that's fine but its not enough to make me want to keep coming here. Maybe its because others cannot ride or don't do more than commute on their bikes etc. and don't really care as it does not pertain to them. Dare I say a bit of jealousy as well? Probably to some degree. Maybe, Select D. All Of The Above. 

I just feel that its a shame there is not more excitement out there. Not just this forum but others as well. Its Interesting that I owned Goldwings for years before these bikes and those forums were alive with the things I am talking about but you just do not see it elsewhere unfortunately. Just wish it was better.

My editorial for the day and hope its well taken. Hey maybe I should just be a blogger ? :008: Anyway I hope life is good for all. I am heading to the Gap for a few days. If anyone cares I might post something about that experience when I return.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 12:14:34 AM
Please do, as before, I enjoy reading about the travels and stories everyone else comes up with.

As for enjoying writing, I’m with you on that one. I wrote a post on another forum I’m on through last winter while having my morning coffee and getting my gear on for the commute to work at 03:45. It started something like - sitting here, drinking my morning coffee while staring out into the inky blackness of the night and listening to the rain pelt against the kitchen window while the wind howls outside. All the comments that came back were asking if I was some sort of author or joking that the intro was on the dramatic side. Truth be told, that wasn’t my intention, I simply have a love for the intricacies of language. The ability to twist words to the extent of the same phrase being able to have several different meanings or intentions depending on the context. I like to think that I’ve got quite an extensive vocabulary and am able to articulate my point well, though my wife just says I take forever to get to the point and tend to waffle on lol.

Looking forward to the next story, stay safe and enjoy the gap :028:
Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:15:59 AM by RobZ900
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!