Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ram Mount for Cell Phone & New Bars  (Read 983 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bentham

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Bristol
  • Country: gb
Re: Ram Mount for Cell Phone & New Bars
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 02:34:47 PM
*Originally Posted by ProfJeff [+]
What are those other 2 electronic controllers? Is that a tire pressure monitor?

Yes mate, TPMS is a 35 Chinese eBay special, works perfectly,  :002:
To the left is my Oxford heated grips panel and just under the screen is a USB power socket. The accessory leads are already under the screen and are perfect for a USB power output (2A) to charge a phone.
Sorry for the crap lighting on the image, let me know if you want a brighter photo.
Rich.

Online turbo_crispy

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 162
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
  • Country: us
Re: Ram Mount for Cell Phone & New Bars
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 03:11:43 PM
*Originally Posted by Bentham [+]
The accessory leads are already under the screen and are perfect for a USB power output (2A) to charge a phone.

Rich,
Do you have any pictures of that hook up?  I have a USB outlet I was going to hook up there.  Basically plug and play, wasn't sure if you wrapped with electrical tape, if anything, etc.  Thanks. 

Offline Bentham

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Bristol
  • Country: gb
Re: Ram Mount for Cell Phone & New Bars
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 09:47:19 PM
*Originally Posted by turbo_crispy [+]
Rich,
Do you have any pictures of that hook up?  I have a USB outlet I was going to hook up there.  Basically plug and play, wasn't sure if you wrapped with electrical tape, if anything, etc.  Thanks.

Hi, they are bullet type connectors, Ive put the manual image below , not very clear I know ( mine are now under the screen!)
And I got a pack of these connectors of amazon to make the connection.
As you say seal with electrical tape or as I did, put some heat shrink over the join.



Offline Dirtydude93

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Blue Springs
  • Country: us
Re: Ram Mount for Cell Phone & New Bars
Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 05:18:01 AM
That tire pressure indicator is the coolest thing i've seen. There are so many things i want to get lol I haven't paid my mortgage yet for this month. I was a little aggressive with the down payment.  :138:

Online turbo_crispy

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 162
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
  • Country: us
Re: Ram Mount for Cell Phone & New Bars
Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 03:19:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Dirtydude93 [+]
That tire pressure indicator is the coolest thing i've seen. There are so many things i want to get lol I haven't paid my mortgage yet for this month. I was a little aggressive with the down payment.  :138:

I did pay the mortgage, but having the bike three weeks, and I've thrown a bunch of mods onto it already.  Quality of life mods of course!   :001: