Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dave Moss Tire Pressure Video  (Read 597 times)

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: Dave Moss Tire Pressure Video
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 12:42:03 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
With regards to dropping as low as 36 on the rear, thatís one thing I still struggle to understand. My old bike (1999 gsx750) had recommended pressures of 36 front and rear. When I had that bike that was what I ran them at and the bike always felt solid. That bike was only 2kg lighter than the Z yet the recommended pressures for this bike are 6psi higher on the rear. Granted Iím 25kg heavier than I was back then, so I can understand the need for higher pressures due to my increased weight, but I donít understand how 2 bikes that are almost exactly the same weight can have such a difference in recommended pressures.
My ZRX 1200 has a factory spec 36 psi front and 36 psi rear and it has a wet weight of 540 lbs. I've ridden it eighteen years without issue and get 10-12,000 miles on the Bridgestone ST tires.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 12:44:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
DM pulled a fast one there if you ask me.
 He must have been asked the tyre pressure question a million times.
 Threw in more than enough variables to be absolved of any guilt should any viewer high side themselves at the scenery and got 36,000 plus views for telling his followers basically nothing,
 Nice job.  :028:
I think you're being a little cynical. Hmmm?  :084:

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 05:27:38 PM
Done 100 miles today on some twistes with 36 front as standard and 40 at the back and in my opinion it made a big difference, at least for me.

A bit softer but at the same time better road feel as opposed to hard and stiff mid corner.

Checked the tires and they seem to like it too ,nice even wear on both sides.

Worth adding that suspension has also been adjusted to my weight, as it was completely inadequate on factory settings.