Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake bleeder  (Read 396 times)

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Brake bleeder
on: May 30, 2020, 11:02:42 AM
Is it 8 or 10mm for our Z? I was looking at this tool:

https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-mini-bleeder-8mm-08-0482

Any other idea is welcome too.
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Re: Brake bleeder
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 02:47:49 PM
Just threw a box wrench on it and on my 2020 it's 10mm. Why not box wrench and hose like pic below?

Also, I'm actually surprised that I was able to get to the FortNine website.  From their YouTube videos, I get redirected to Revzilla. 

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 03:07:06 PM
40$ isnt that bad to pay for this! But yes could be done like in the picture! Ill look how much for the tube
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 03:16:21 PM
Don't know if you have an air compressor, but for a bit more money, you could buy a vacuum bleeder.  I bought one to do the brakes on the VFR800.  I used it with a smallish air compressor that had a 7 gallon tank. I could pull a good vacuum for like 20 seconds, then I'd have to let the tank fill up again.  Could be user error, could be the VFR800 linked brakes are a pain in the butt.  I also planned to use the vacuum bleeder on the car too, so thought of it as a bit of an investment. 

FYI, tubing I have is labeled on the side as 17/100 ID x 1/4 OD.   

I actually have the one in the link, just branded differently.
https://fortnine.ca/en/bikemaster-1-liter-pneumatic-vacuum-break-fluid-bleeder-wh-507m

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 03:26:49 PM
*Originally Posted by turbo_crispy [+]
Don't know if you have an air compressor, but for a bit more money, you could buy a vacuum bleeder.  I bought one to do the brakes on the VFR800.  I used it with a smallish air compressor that had a 7 gallon tank. I could pull a good vacuum for like 20 seconds, then I'd have to let the tank fill up again.  Could be user error, could be the VFR800 linked brakes are a pain in the butt.  I also planned to use the vacuum bleeder on the car too, so thought of it as a bit of an investment. 

FYI, tubing I have is labeled on the side as 17/100 ID x 1/4 OD.   

I actually have the one in the link, just branded differently.
https://fortnine.ca/en/bikemaster-1-liter-pneumatic-vacuum-break-fluid-bleeder-wh-507m

Yup received an air compressor for my birthday! That's a good option for little more $

Offline Swingin Spanners

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Sunshine Coast
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 07:22:58 AM
What is wrong with a left over bit of wiper washer hose and chopping a hole in a water bottle?

If you're in a position to, ask a paramedic to keep one of the oxy-viva hoses. They are a perfect fit and they can only be used once on a human.

Offline 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 09:48:04 AM
*Originally Posted by Swingin Spanners [+]
What is wrong with a left over bit of wiper washer hose and chopping a hole in a water bottle?

If you're in a position to, ask a paramedic to keep one of the oxy-viva hoses. They are a perfect fit and they can only be used once on a human.

I purchased transparent silicone hose on Ebay. 5mm internal diameter if I recall correctly.