Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Helmet lock?  (Read 1258 times)

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Re: Helmet lock?
Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 09:20:48 PM
Smoke 'em if you got 'em.  Figure I might as well use it.   :027:

Offline Machfive

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Sept-les
Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 06:03:08 PM
Z900 2020 from Canada here, been able to remove the helmet lock on left side by removing it with an hexagonal screwdriver. Dont think the welded part to the frame would be a problem..

Would post picture, but the website won't let me in to upload them even after password reset, geez.
Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:16:44 PM by Machfive

Offline Frankie

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 & 1998 Z1R
  • Town / City: Toowoomba
Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 05:22:58 AM
My husband has old bikes and they all have helmet locks !

I am just amazed in this modern era of theft being so common, that modern bikes don't have them.
I like others was annoyed having to carry my helmet everywhere, although I have bought a padlock with a long wide hasp to padlock my helmet to my luggage rack now.
Maybe not relevant to weekend riders, but hubby and I do a lot of traveling, and it is a safer feeling that thieves can't just grab it and walk away, they have to actually cut the strap to get the helmet. That makes it a bit obvious to passers by !
😍 🏍 👍🏼

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 05:37:53 AM
*Originally Posted by Frankie [+]
My husband has old bikes and they all have helmet locks !

I am just amazed in this modern era of theft being so common, that modern bikes don't have them.
I like others was annoyed having to carry my helmet everywhere, although I have bought a padlock with a long wide hasp to padlock my helmet to my luggage rack now.
Maybe not relevant to weekend riders, but hubby and I do a lot of traveling, and it is a safer feeling that thieves can't just grab it and walk away, they have to actually cut the strap to get the helmet. That makes it a bit obvious to passers by !

I thought a lot of the actual helmet locks were a pin or heavy guage wire under the seat that you looped the D rings through the put your seat back on.  It was that way on the R3 and my 2004 VFR800.