Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kawasaki Z900 2020 model lurch back and forth on steady throttle  (Read 3242 times)

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
That being said.....

I had 2 Z750 (year 2010 and 2012, both Euro 3 norm), Same riding style, same roads, same speeds..... They had fuel consumption 10-15% bigger than my 2020 Z900 (based on 5000km i rode so far with Z900).
Colprint of Euro 5 Norm (although, its still Euro 4 on paper)?

That could be the reason that US model dont have this surge and i even think i know why US model have old exhaust: Could it be that noise level is different for US: 91 or is it 92db@4750rpm, same as 2017-2019, dont know what the number is for US 2020? What does it say on the sticker? For EU model is 97db@4750rpm, so maybe, just maybe, because of old exhaust on US 2020 model, ECU fuel map is different?
Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 12:52:39 PM by 3alfa3

Offline Slowsv

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Queensland
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
I find what they told you very difficult to believe.
The only way to fix a brand new stock bike is with a power commander? Bullsh!t

You should film the problem and post it.  :028:

I agree, a manufacture shouldn't or wouldn't run their mapping that lean that you would notice it. Imagine how bad it would be if you fitted after market exhaust and air filter.

Offline JohnCW

• Ex Member - Moved On
  • Z900 Pro
*Originally Posted by Slowsv [+]

I agree, a manufacture shouldn't or wouldn't run their mapping that lean that you would notice it. Imagine how bad it would be if you fitted after market exhaust and air filter.

You should start reading a few other make/model forums e.g. Z900RS, GSX-S1000, Tracer 900, etc, etc.   Problems related to manufacturers making the bikes so lean under various circumstances to met emissions standards and in turn creating difficult for the rider to control the throttle are just about the number 1 forum issue.

Offline Kees_NL

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Breda
I have the (EU) 2018 model and had the same problem. Took it to a tuner to do aan ECU remap and a run on the testmachine (dont know the right word), after Thatcher I have a different bike. I only have a appointment to ajust the gas response (on-off reaction from the throttle )

Offline Kees_NL

• Z900 Member
After that, sh#t autocorrect

Offline Hyperone88

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Southeast
So is this primarily a issue on only the EU models due to emission regulations?
Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:59:35 AM by Hyperone88

Offline Kees_NL

• Z900 Member
I know mine was. I was watching the monitor  during the test run and the tuner showed me the grafics.  Between 5 and 8k rpm it was much to lean zo this was corrected.

Offline Blumeeni

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Playa Blanca
*Originally Posted by darri1982 [+]
Hi Guys

i Have a new Z900 with only 500km drive and the bike will lurch back and forth (or Surge if you know what i mean) when holding steady speed. the Dealer tells me this is just normal but i am not sure if it is.
anyone knows if this is normal or not.

Best regards
Simon

Just came across this post after doing a search for 2020 Z900 surging on part throttle.
Mine has 3,000km it has fuel perfectly during these km today how ever after filling with 95 oct it started to surge quite badly on part throttle between 2000 and 4500rpm in all gears as soon as the throttle is opened a little more the fault goes away I suspect the fuel but it didn't start doing it for around 20km after the fill up.
This sure is not normal and any dealer that says it is would be wrong. like you say it's as if i was moving the throttle smoothly back and fore in small increments.
Did you get the problem resolved? I wll try draining the fuel tomorrow hopefully it'll be just that.

Offline darri1982

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: moss
What you are describing is same as I have
It is a little better now, i try to take fuel at same gas station as it seams to have better fuel.
I had to take fuel on different gas station yesterday and a am feeling litle lurch on that fuel.
I am not sure if it is in me head or the fuel is of different quality and causing the bike to run lean now and then.