Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super hard to find riding shoes/boots  (Read 6360 times)

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Lohja
Re: Super hard to find riding shoes/boots
Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 01:27:17 PM
*Originally Posted by jaanpla [+]
They finally arrived and I can say they fit!!! :047: Now to just get some custom insoles for them and I'll be set. Planning on trying them out tomorrow for a short ride since I really want to have the insoles before doing long rides in them with possible walking around during stops.
How have you liked the boots so far? My problem is also a 6E wide foot so I have been using combat boots since nothing else that I have tried fits.

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 01:54:52 PM
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
How have you liked the boots so far? My problem is also a 6E wide foot so I have been using combat boots since nothing else that I have tried fits.

Happy to say that they are great!! Just a hair tight when I first got them but they've broken in really well and are comfortable now. I've had days where I had them on all day, both on and off the bike and no issues whatsoever.

They are really pricey but we'll worth it considering I couldn't find anything else that fit me in riding boots. Like you used to make do with my work boots. I had toe protection but nothing for ankles so now I'm happy 👍

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 02:08:05 PM
*Originally Posted by jaanpla [+]
Happy to say that they are great!! Just a hair tight when I first got them but they've broken in really well and are comfortable now. I've had days where I had them on all day, both on and off the bike and no issues whatsoever.

They are really pricey but we'll worth it considering I couldn't find anything else that fit me in riding boots. Like you used to make do with my work boots. I had toe protection but nothing for ankles so now I'm happy 👍
Good to know, when I have some extra money in my budget (is there ever really such a day? :002:) I'll test these.

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #23 on: September 07, 2020, 02:26:50 PM
Good to know, when I have some extra money in my budget (is there ever really such a day? :002:) I'll test these.

Ha ha I bit the bullet and worked a couple days overtime so I could get them😁 They are worth it though 👍

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
Reply #24 on: November 14, 2020, 04:35:15 PM
A minute ago I placed an order for size EU 43 XL wide boots from Louis. We'll see how they fit (I hope they do, it'll be 30 to send them back...).

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 04:16:18 PM
Got the boots, the left foot fits ok, the right could be a tad wider, now it's squeezing a bit. So these are not as wide as the Sievi XL last shoes that I'm buying or the BW combat boots I have been using. But the right foot is not (that  :002:) painful or anything and being leather the boot surely will be ok after a few months or riding. On Daytona site they say the EU size 42 is 28 cm. It's not. My foot is 27,5 cm'ish and I got the EU 43, if it was any smaller it would be too short.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 11:17:32 PM
Got the boots, the left foot fits ok, the right could be a tad wider, now it's squeezing a bit. So these are not as wide as the Sievi XL last shoes that I'm buying or the BW combat boots I have been using. But the right foot is not (that  :002:) painful or anything and being leather the boot surely will be ok after a few months or riding. On Daytona site they say the EU size 42 is 28 cm. It's not. My foot is 27,5 cm'ish and I got the EU 43, if it was any smaller it would be too short.
One trick we use in construction work is to soak the tight boot in water and walk around in it for a day. It hastens up the break-in period.
Usually one or two soakings over a couple of days does the job.

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 08:28:38 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
One trick we use in construction work is to soak the tight boot in water and walk around in it for a day. It hastens up the break-in period.
Usually one or two soakings over a couple of days does the job.
The downside is that these are gore boots, the leather should not get any water when a boot if filled with water, only water vapor should be able to penetrate the membrane.
So I was thinking that since I go to sauna every day, maybe I just wear the boots in there. If I happen to have a heart attack in the sauna the rescue guys/gals will have a story to tell at the campfire (a naked guy wearing motorcycle boots in a sauna  :001:)

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 09:41:43 PM
The downside is that these are gore boots, the leather should not get any water when a boot if filled with water, only water vapor should be able to penetrate the membrane.
So I was thinking that since I go to sauna every day, maybe I just wear the boots in there. If I happen to have a heart attack in the sauna the rescue guys/gals will have a story to tell at the campfire (a naked guy wearing motorcycle boots in a sauna  :001:)
It's the outside leather of the boot you want to get soaked. We used to walk through puddles with new boots if a hose was unavailable.
I just did it recently with a pair of hiking shoes.

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 07:07:42 PM
I have been able to have only two rides (bc the freaking winter we have...) after getting the boots, but they are absolutely perfect now. I had a few short hikes with them (like maybe 8 km total) and been wearing them a couple of times in the garage. What is amazing that at the temperature of 2C (in wet conditions) with thin merino wool socks (I highly recommend M05 Finnish Army merino socks from https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/finnish-m05-liner-socks/5041 to any use, you *literally* (and I just #### hate the word literally  :002:, but yes, literally) don't need to wash those ever if you don't want to because merino resists bacteria growth and they do not get smelly the way like tennis socks do) my feet were warm and dry the whole couple hour ride. Anyone thinking should s/he get these boots that cost a kidney I'd say sell the kidney, these are worth it  :001: