Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Better seat cowl  (Read 5175 times)

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Re: Better seat cowl
Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 05:25:57 PM
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
Update: China has copied the ZH2 cowl and I have one on the way. Iíll update as soon as I get it.

I'm watching with anticipation. I don't like the other rear cowls either... but the ZH2 knock-off looks promising.

Is this the one you purchased?  ZH2 Rear Cowl - Ali Express

I recently purchased GB Racing Engine Cover knock-offs. Only 10 days from China to Illinois.

Online Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 05:39:13 PM
*Originally Posted by RedRooster [+]
I'm watching with anticipation. I don't like the other rear cowls either... but the ZH2 knock-off looks promising.

+1   :038:
Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:39:44 PM by Cazzy_R
Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 08:01:28 PM
I got a black one shipped from the U.S. on eBay. Iím sure theyíre all from the same place originally.

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 02:24:39 AM
  Verdict! It fits, but it doesnít. Iím going to post a video showing fitment issues, but hereís the deal. This cowl is much better quality than the Z900 copy I got. The support is metal, the hardware looks great and the plastic is ABS. At least itís stamped ABS.
  Will it fit directly on? Yes, but itís really hard to get it on. If you have another cowl like I did you can simply swap out the support and it works perfectly. (Cut off the wing-like sections) I did that to check the fit before I bend the support it came with to the right shape. As far as the plastic cowl itself, you would think it belongs on the 900. Exactly what I was looking for!
  The black it just plain gloss black, so good luck matching colors if you want to. It doesnít matter to me since Iíll be wrapping it to match the rest of the bike anyway. Satin photographs so much better!
  Iíll cover all the details in a video.

Online Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
Reply #24 on: May 14, 2021, 07:07:46 AM
Good work iB! Looks proper.

Colour match (or lack of) was the only issue I had with my green AliExpress Z900 cowl.

Do I risk the green again or just go for black?
I think the ZH2 shape would suit contrasting black while the Z900 cowl doesn't. But I would rather have a perfect green.
Decisions, decisions.

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 06:21:29 PM
The green would be more of a gamble I would think. Black will at least match your seat and itís far enough from the tank pieces that it might not be noticeable if itís off. For the price, you could buy both and still pay under half of what Kawasaki charges.

Online Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
Reply #26 on: May 14, 2021, 07:34:00 PM
The green would be more of a gamble I would think. Black will at least match your seat and itís far enough from the tank pieces that it might not be noticeable if itís off. For the price, you could buy both and still pay under half of what Kawasaki charges.

Inclined to agree.  :169: :169: :169:

Offline Krim

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2021 Z900 Black/Red
  • Town / City: San Diego/Tijuana
Reply #27 on: May 15, 2021, 12:37:04 AM
  Verdict! It fits, but it doesnít. Iím going to post a video showing fitment issues, but hereís the deal. This cowl is much better quality than the Z900 copy I got. The support is metal, the hardware looks great and the plastic is ABS. At least itís stamped ABS.
  Will it fit directly on? Yes, but itís really hard to get it on. If you have another cowl like I did you can simply swap out the support and it works perfectly. (Cut off the wing-like sections) I did that to check the fit before I bend the support it came with to the right shape. As far as the plastic cowl itself, you would think it belongs on the 900. Exactly what I was looking for!
  The black it just plain gloss black, so good luck matching colors if you want to. It doesnít matter to me since Iíll be wrapping it to match the rest of the bike anyway. Satin photographs so much better!

Yowza! Love it. Love it. Love it. I am very likely going to straight up copy you. I absolutely love it.

The whole thing has come together very nicely.

Offline superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Reply #28 on: May 15, 2021, 12:53:28 AM

Looks amazing. Looking forward to the video. Definately plan on doing this as well at some point.  :047: :028:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #29 on: May 15, 2021, 01:07:01 AM
Thanks guys! I considered keeping it to myself, but hey, this forumís been good to me.  :821: