Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Better seat cowl  (Read 7303 times)

Offline JordiR

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Barcelona
Re: Better seat cowl
Reply #40 on: June 30, 2021, 05:22:18 PM
Thanks @iBuchon, it's also starting mount in Spain

2019 Kawasaki Z900 125hp Candy Lime Green / Metallic Matte Graphite Gray
Brembo brake master cylinder; Goodridge braided brake line; DP HH+ brake Pads; Healtech QS; Ixil Exhaust; K-Tech Suspension
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpkPa06DyJax_MtKexakd8A/

Offline sleepwalken

• Z900 Member
  • Next thing you know
  • Bike: 2020 z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Georgia
Reply #41 on: July 27, 2021, 03:12:09 AM
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
  Verdict! It fits, but it doesnt. Im going to post a video showing fitment issues, but heres the deal. This cowl is much better quality than the Z900 copy I got. The support is metal, the hardware looks great and the plastic is ABS. At least its stamped ABS.
  Will it fit directly on? Yes, but its really hard to get it on. If you have another cowl like I did you can simply swap out the support and it works perfectly. (Cut off the wing-like sections) I did that to check the fit before I bend the support it came with to the right shape. As far as the plastic cowl itself, you would think it belongs on the 900. Exactly what I was looking for!
  The black it just plain gloss black, so good luck matching colors if you want to. It doesnt matter to me since Ill be wrapping it to match the rest of the bike anyway. Satin photographs so much better!
  Ill cover all the details in a video.

what main seat is that? and is it more comfy than the god awful stock seat?

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #42 on: July 27, 2021, 03:38:24 AM
Thats the oem tall seat first gen. I have one and it was better but still has hard foam. I took a little off the top and glued in a layer of softer foam. Its pretty decent now.

Offline sleepwalken

• Z900 Member
  • Next thing you know
  • Bike: 2020 z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Georgia
Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 03:42:42 AM
*Originally Posted by Led Zed 70 [+]
Thats the oem tall seat first gen. I have one and it was better but still has hard foam. I took a little off the top and glued in a layer of softer foam. Its pretty decent now.

Thanks!

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #44 on: July 27, 2021, 04:34:35 AM
Welcome!

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #45 on: July 28, 2021, 01:09:17 AM
Ya. Personal preference. I switch seats depending on my ride honestly. If Im riding a quicker pace I like the stock (short) seat better. I can move around easier and I like the firmness of it. The thicker seat has a little more cushion, but that also means that if youre not moving around you kind of sink into it, leaving a depression. Its also slightly angled toward the fuel tank more. That works well for when youre riding hard, keeping you in place, but not so much when youre at normal cruising speeds. If they made a seat with the firmness of the short seat but height of the accessory seat, I would go for that.