Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HEL Braided Lines. Anybody Use Them?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
Re: HEL Braided Lines. Anybody Use Them?
Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 06:48:09 PM
*Originally Posted by bobw [+]
I live there during summer anyway just a natural progression to full time once  Brexit has been sorted and we know what to expect in Spain for us Brits.

Nice, bet you there are plenty of nice roads there to enjoy most of the year, well maybe one day....

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 12:03:23 AM
To jump in on this thread, Ive been looking at braided hoses for a while. What is it that this other kit has over HEL? I thought that the HEL lines replaced everything, but now Im reading theres another 3 lines that they dont replace?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 07:35:54 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
To jump in on this thread, Ive been looking at braided hoses for a while. What is it that this other kit has over HEL? I thought that the HEL lines replaced everything, but now Im reading theres another 3 lines that they dont replace?

Correct Rob the HEL kit only replaces the flexible lines not the metal pipework which also has flexible hose ends joining on to ABS pump so although the bulk have been changed it is not all. As over time even the hoses onto ABS pump will stretch.Whether this would be noticeable in practice for road use I'm not sure .As they are protected from sunshine they may not degrade as much as the others.From a personal point of view if your spending upwards of 200 for hoses you may just as well spend a bit more and change everything. Whilst I can't change mine yet I would go for the full 9 hose  kit when I do.Although I might order them in the near future and put them to one side for now.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 09:23:01 AM
Well thats something I wasnt aware of. Ive sent HEL an email. They offer a custom built lines service, so Ive asked if they could make the additional 3 lines that you get with the Fren Tubo kit. Will post up the reply when they get back to me.

This poses another question for me though. Ive heard stories of people having problems with bleeding through abs systems. If you replace every inch of lines so that the system is completely dry, is that going to cause any issues with filling the system back up?
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 11:14:56 AM
Got an email back from HEL. They said they can make them, but theyd need the original pipes to be able to copy them. Unless of course somebody wants to measure them and take photos of the fittings?

Offline bambam

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Exeter
Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 02:44:02 PM
Reply from motobull.

Thank you for contacting Motobull.

We can supply all kits in the Fren Tubo brake line range, plus clutch kits and oil cooler kits.

Our aim is to eventually list all the kits on the Motobull webstore,  however there is still some way to go.

We have added the Fren Tubo Type 2 Kit for the Kawasaki Z900 ABS and also included it in the Featured Bikes section of the store: -

https://motobull.co.uk/featured-bikes/road/kawasaki-z900-abs.html

(the Featured Bikes section is a bike zone of information and highlighted parts and accessories)

You will be able to see options and pricing. Free shipping is available on all purchases over 50.

Ps, If you would like to go ahead with the purchase and can wait until next week before ordering online we can offer you a further discount of 5% on top of the already discounted price, or the option to upgrade to the Kevlar Brake Line kit (Type 3) for the same price as the Type 2 Kit.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 03:33:05 PM
 Good Work BamBam.  :028:

I wonder what the benefits of Kevlar might be?  :084:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 05:19:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Good Work BamBam.  :028:

I wonder what the benefits of Kevlar might be?  :084:

No idea, but theyre rated for a higher burst pressure than the HEL lines.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 03:42:16 AM
Fren Tubo doesn't specify whether or not they use the existing pipes or not. Their pics look generic.

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 07:55:21 AM
*Originally Posted by bambam [+]
-1 -> kit type 1 -> stainless steel braiding, steel end-fittings and bolts.

-2 -> kit type 2 -> stainless steel braiding, aluminium alloy end-fittings and bolts.

-3 -> kit type 3 -> kevlar braiding, aluminium alloy end-fittings and bolts.

-4 -> kit type 4 -> double carbon fibre braiding, aluminium alloy end-fittings and bolts.

To have a look of the technical characteristics have a look of the page 9 of the firm catalogue.

The ready-to-fit brake hose kit you need is the number 162152.

This kit replaces all the brake lines AND THE RIGID PARTS AS WELL and keeps the ABS.

THE HOSES ARE T.U.V CERTIFIED.

This is the reply from fren tubo.

Does this answer your  question the Fren Tubo website and advertising on reseller/agents websites also say pictures are generic.The catalog listing for the kit 162512 then choice of type of hoses says 9 hoses.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.