Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HEL Braided Lines. Anybody Use Them?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Re: HEL Braided Lines. Anybody Use Them?
Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 11:09:33 AM
Just to follow on from my last post I emailed Fren Tubo myself yesterday . I received a very long email from them this morning which was very informative it also included pdf of parts pages with each replacement hose shown.They also confirm that this kit replaces all original  brake hoses and metal pipe based parts as well.Comparing to HEL only about 44 for 3 more more hoses.The proposed price offered next week on motobull website is the same as factory list price but saving on postage from Italy to UK.Using today's exchange rate.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 01:09:40 PM
Think Im sold on them. Have you seen anything in the file they sent you about lifespan? Typically, most braided lines are good for life, so if thats the case with these (which I presume it will be), then replacing all the hoses and pipes means never having to address them again which sounds appealing.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
Reply #32 on: July 01, 2020, 01:30:39 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Think Im sold on them. Have you seen anything in the file they sent you about lifespan? Typically, most braided lines are good for life, so if thats the case with these (which I presume it will be), then replacing all the hoses and pipes means never having to address them again which sounds appealing.

Looking through the online catalogue they sent me the validity of testing is 10 years but the life of the ptfe liner is unlimited so yes for life same as claims by other manufacturers.The only thing I can't find is warranty terms.Then they are bought in UK then sale of goods act at least would apply.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #33 on: July 01, 2020, 01:33:50 PM
 Just to be awkward I'd want the Type 1 all stainless.
 The weight saving and bling isn't worth the reduced durability from my perspective.
 Has anyone in communication with either Motobull or Frentubo discussed quantity discounts?  :007:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
Reply #34 on: July 01, 2020, 01:39:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
 The weight saving and bling isn't worth the reduced durability from my perspective.
 Has anyone in communication with either Motobull or Frentubo discussed quantity discounts?  :007:

It doesn't say that the ends are stainless only nickel plated steel for the type 1 unless I missed something.Personally I would go with stainless hose and anodised alloy ends the type 2 one, the carbon and kevlar not worth the extra imho more race orientated.On the Zcup race  bike all the brakes and  hoses have to stay original so they can't be that bad.
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:43:31 PM by bobw

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 01:52:11 PM
*Originally Posted by bobw [+]
It doesn't say that the ends are stainless only nickel plated steel for the type 1 unless I missed something.Personally I would go with stainless hose and anodised alloy ends the type 2 one, the carbon and kevlar not worth the extra imho more race orientated.On the Zcup race  bike all the brakes and  hoses have to stay original so they can't be that bad.

I was just going off BamBam posting but having re-read it it:

"-1 -> kit type 1 -> stainless steel braiding, steel end-fittings and bolts."

You are correct. It doesn't stipulate stainless fittings, just steel. Hmm.

That wouldn't be good enough for 650ib:

Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:58:12 PM by Cazzy_R
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #36 on: July 01, 2020, 02:03:32 PM

Difference is the burst pressure. The 2 options from moto bull are stainless or Kevlar (kit 2 or 3). The stainless kit is 827 Bar burst pressure, while the Kevlar is 900. Converted to proper units, that means that kit 2 has the same burst pressure as the HEL lines at 12,000 psi, while kit 3 is stronger. With moto bull stating that theyre going to do a deal so that kit 3 is the same price as kit 2, why not have stronger lines?

Another question for you. On the spec sheet they sent, does it say anything about being able to turn the fittings to achieve a good angle for fitting?
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 02:04:55 PM

Whichever you go for, black fittings with green hoses has got to be the best combination. Im sure you agree :745:

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
Reply #38 on: July 01, 2020, 02:13:15 PM
I was just going off BamBam posting but having re-read it it:

"-1 -> kit type 1 -> stainless steel braiding, steel end-fittings and bolts."

You are correct. It doesn't stipulate stainless fittings, just steel. Hmm.

That wouldn't be good enough for 650ib:

have a look here https://frentubo.it/en/products/catalogue/     can be downloaded or viewed online  on page 7 it gives testing specs
Rob as to colour that opens up a whole new can of worms

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #39 on: July 01, 2020, 02:21:32 PM
have a look here https://frentubo.it/en/products/catalogue/     can be downloaded or viewed online  on page 7 it gives testing specs
Rob as to colour that opens up a whole new can of worms

Well I just know how jealous Cazzy is of the green frame bikes. At least this way he could add a bit of green so he doesnt feel left out :008: