Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.  (Read 801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 3807
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us

Online Swingin Spanners

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Sunshine Coast
  • Country: au
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:52:55 AM
Call me old, but the BMW F engine is just not as engaging as an angry 4 cylinder. There is something primal about revving the shite out of a highly strung N/A 4 cylinder.

I did enjoy riding an F800, it sort of sounded like a very refined V2 and made plenty of power, but it didn't fill the hoon gland up like a Z900. Maybe the naked one would do power wheelies easier than the F800 that I rode, it was a bit of an old farts tourer.

The triple is a whole other story, those Triumphs are a peach of an engine, just too damn expensive to repair and service in Australia for my tastes.

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 3807
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 04:38:28 PM
*Originally Posted by Swingin Spanners [+]
Call me old, but the BMW F engine is just not as engaging as an angry 4 cylinder. There is something primal about revving the shite out of a highly strung N/A 4 cylinder.

I did enjoy riding an F800, it sort of sounded like a very refined V2 and made plenty of power, but it didn't fill the hoon gland up like a Z900. Maybe the naked one would do power wheelies easier than the F800 that I rode, it was a bit of an old farts tourer.

The triple is a whole other story, those Triumphs are a peach of an engine, just too damn expensive to repair and service in Australia for my tastes.
I had a Triumph Daytona 955 triple. Of all the types of engines the three cylinder probably sounds the best when the throttle is twisted in anger. I loved the sound of that Triumph and its performance but not the reliability, I had to fix everything.
It's nice to see the z900 is holding its own for a budget bike but I've yet to see another while riding and it's been over three years.

Offline KawaJagz

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 111
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
  • Country: gb
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 06:06:25 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I had a Triumph Daytona 955 triple. Of all the types of engines the three cylinder probably sounds the best when the throttle is twisted in anger. I loved the sound of that Triumph and its performance but not the reliability, I had to fix everything.
It's nice to see the z900 is holding its own for a budget bike but I've yet to see another while riding and it's been over three years.

I had a Triumph Sprint ST1050 with triple aftermarket underseat exhausts and it sounded demonic, I did a track day on it where it was recorded at 99db with the baffles in, and also didn't have any mechanical problems in 5 years of ownership.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Offline sutefunu

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
  • Country: bg
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 07:24:05 PM
Finally a guy that kinda gets it.
I personally wouldn't touch the street triple rs with a stick. Even if it was free. Who designed that front end.

Offline Lzed9ine

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 261
  • Bike: zr900 2K18
  • Town / City: South
  • Country: gb
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 03:04:49 PM
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]
Finally a guy that kinda gets it.
I personally wouldn't touch the street triple rs with a stick. Even if it was free. Who designed that front end.

but as a machine , as a feat of engineering it eliminates the z900 everyday - if you ever see one look at the build, quality & attention to detail compared to the z900 - z900 is a joke of a machine in terms of build quality - compared to the slightly more powered z1000 it is amazing that it left the factory....actually they did recall it several times 😂

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2011
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Lzed9ine [+]
but as a machine , as a feat of engineering it eliminates the z900 everyday - if you ever see one look at the build, quality & attention to detail compared to the z900 - z900 is a joke of a machine in terms of build quality - compared to the slightly more powered z1000 it is amazing that it left the factory....actually they did recall it several times 😂

Says the guy who bought a butchered A2 and told us it was fast,  :008: :008:
How you getting on with that Suzuki GSX-S1000? It was the the 1000 you bought wasn't it?
Or was it actually a 750? They are easily confused. Same colour 2 wheels etc.  :745:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 3807
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 03:42:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Says the guy who bought a butchered A2 and told us it was fast,  :008: :008:
How you getting on with that Suzuki GSX-S1000? It was the the 1000 you bought wasn't it?
Or was it actually a 750? They are easily confused. Same colour 2 wheels etc.  :745:
+1 🍻

Offline Downtown

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 17
  • Country: es
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 10:34:42 AM
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]
Finally a guy that kinda gets it.
I personally wouldn't touch the street triple rs with a stick. Even if it was free. Who designed that front end.

You should try it. The bike is really good. Brakes are by far much better than z900. It has an incredible brake power. A Z900 with TST brakes would be the best combo.

I agree with you when it comes to front end design. It is horrible  :063: