Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.  (Read 801 times)

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900

Online Swingin Spanners

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Sunshine Coast
Re: Here We Go Again. Tough Competition Review.
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:52:55 AM
Call me old, but the BMW F engine is just not as engaging as an angry 4 cylinder. There is something primal about revving the shite out of a highly strung N/A 4 cylinder.

I did enjoy riding an F800, it sort of sounded like a very refined V2 and made plenty of power, but it didn't fill the hoon gland up like a Z900. Maybe the naked one would do power wheelies easier than the F800 that I rode, it was a bit of an old farts tourer.

The triple is a whole other story, those Triumphs are a peach of an engine, just too damn expensive to repair and service in Australia for my tastes.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 04:38:28 PM
*Originally Posted by Swingin Spanners [+]
Call me old, but the BMW F engine is just not as engaging as an angry 4 cylinder. There is something primal about revving the shite out of a highly strung N/A 4 cylinder.

I did enjoy riding an F800, it sort of sounded like a very refined V2 and made plenty of power, but it didn't fill the hoon gland up like a Z900. Maybe the naked one would do power wheelies easier than the F800 that I rode, it was a bit of an old farts tourer.

The triple is a whole other story, those Triumphs are a peach of an engine, just too damn expensive to repair and service in Australia for my tastes.
I had a Triumph Daytona 955 triple. Of all the types of engines the three cylinder probably sounds the best when the throttle is twisted in anger. I loved the sound of that Triumph and its performance but not the reliability, I had to fix everything.
It's nice to see the z900 is holding its own for a budget bike but I've yet to see another while riding and it's been over three years.

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 06:06:25 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I had a Triumph Daytona 955 triple. Of all the types of engines the three cylinder probably sounds the best when the throttle is twisted in anger. I loved the sound of that Triumph and its performance but not the reliability, I had to fix everything.
It's nice to see the z900 is holding its own for a budget bike but I've yet to see another while riding and it's been over three years.

I had a Triumph Sprint ST1050 with triple aftermarket underseat exhausts and it sounded demonic, I did a track day on it where it was recorded at 99db with the baffles in, and also didn't have any mechanical problems in 5 years of ownership.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Offline sutefunu

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 07:24:05 PM
Finally a guy that kinda gets it.
I personally wouldn't touch the street triple rs with a stick. Even if it was free. Who designed that front end.

Offline Lzed9ine

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: zr900 2K18
  • Town / City: South
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 03:04:49 PM
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]
I personally wouldn't touch the street triple rs with a stick. Even if it was free. Who designed that front end.

but as a machine , as a feat of engineering it eliminates the z900 everyday - if you ever see one look at the build, quality & attention to detail compared to the z900 - z900 is a joke of a machine in terms of build quality - compared to the slightly more powered z1000 it is amazing that it left the factory....actually they did recall it several times 😂

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Lzed9ine [+]
but as a machine , as a feat of engineering it eliminates the z900 everyday - if you ever see one look at the build, quality & attention to detail compared to the z900 - z900 is a joke of a machine in terms of build quality - compared to the slightly more powered z1000 it is amazing that it left the factory....actually they did recall it several times 😂

Says the guy who bought a butchered A2 and told us it was fast,  :008: :008:
How you getting on with that Suzuki GSX-S1000? It was the the 1000 you bought wasn't it?
Or was it actually a 750? They are easily confused. Same colour 2 wheels etc.  :745:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 03:42:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Says the guy who bought a butchered A2 and told us it was fast,  :008: :008:
How you getting on with that Suzuki GSX-S1000? It was the the 1000 you bought wasn't it?
Or was it actually a 750? They are easily confused. Same colour 2 wheels etc.  :745:
+1 🍻

Offline Downtown

• Z900 Member
Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 10:34:42 AM
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]

You should try it. The bike is really good. Brakes are by far much better than z900. It has an incredible brake power. A Z900 with TST brakes would be the best combo.

I agree with you when it comes to front end design. It is horrible  :063: