Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: removing decals  (Read 709 times)

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: removing decals
Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 12:14:28 AM
*Originally Posted by jaanpla [+]
What is thy bidding, my Master :020: :008:

Thank you for the pic. Looks great man!  Sorry to be a pain but how easy to peel off and did you do the tank gas sticker as well? lol  Any chance of before pic for comparison? No interest in putting sticker back on. Once off thats it lol.  Thank you again for helping out a forum newbie.

Online jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 12:58:33 AM
*Originally Posted by iakona [+]

Thank you for the pic. Looks great man!  Sorry to be a pain but how easy to peel off and did you do the tank gas sticker as well? lol  Any chance of before pic for comparison? No interest in putting sticker back on. Once off thats it lol.  Thank you again for helping out a forum newbie.

Not a pain at all :001: If you look around here long enough you'll see I already posted a lot of questions myself as I am still learning :028: What I did is leave the bike out in the sun for a couple of hours and they peeled off real easy. Just lift up a corner and slowly pull so it doesn't rip and you don't leave too much residue behind. The little bit of residue I had to remove I just used a microfiber cloth and a little of rubbing alcohol to buff it off. I also removed the safety sticker by the gas cap. Another way to soften the glue a little is use a hair dryer or heat gun but don't put it too close to the tank and plastics. Just enough to warm up the decals.

Before...

After...

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 02:39:31 AM
*Originally Posted by jaanpla [+]
Not a pain at all :001: If you look around here long enough you'll see I already posted a lot of questions myself as I am still learning :028: What I did is leave the bike out in the sun for a couple of hours and they peeled off real easy. Just lift up a corner and slowly pull so it doesn't rip and you don't leave too much residue behind. The little bit of residue I had to remove I just used a microfiber cloth and a little of rubbing alcohol to buff it off. I also removed the safety sticker by the gas cap. Another way to soften the glue a little is use a hair dryer or heat gun but don't put it too close to the tank and plastics. Just enough to warm up the decals.

Before...

After...

Thanks for the info and the pics. Really going to help me get an idea of which ones to pull off or not.  By the way.. where did you find rubbing alcohol lol

Offline gary

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Texas
Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 04:18:49 AM
The wheels need to be black.  Just too much blue for me.