Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Corbin + shorty levers  (Read 1032 times)

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Corbin + shorty levers
on: June 18, 2020, 12:28:21 PM
Hopefully the hurting of my tailbone and “boys” is finally over with the new seat, flatter on the front and a bit wider dish. Has a good feel to it where I sit. Need to put some good miles on it now...

Picked up these MZS shorties off Ebay, $35 and solid aluminum, they work fine. Clutch free play adjusted perfect after 2600 miles, effortless clutch pull- bang the gears out.
Big levers be gone....back to 2 fingers!!

"The ride is the reason"

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Corbin + shorty levers
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 01:24:47 PM
the corbin looks really nice, you didn't add extra height in it?
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 01:53:17 PM
That looks good.  Do give us a review once you get some seat time in.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 02:56:20 PM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
the corbin looks really nice, you didn't add extra height in it?

Corbin Rep said it is made 1" higher than OEM so I went with that to try first, the wife rides it also and is 5'4" but she still fit ok.
I can send it back and modify if need be, comfort of not killing my tailbone is the biggest thing.
Just need to find time to get out and put a couple hundred on it now.  :169:

"The ride is the reason"

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 11:28:59 PM
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
Corbin Rep said it is made 1" higher than OEM so I went with that to try first, the wife rides it also and is 5'4" but she still fit ok.
I can send it back and modify if need be, comfort of not killing my tailbone is the biggest thing.
Just need to find time to get out and put a couple hundred on it now.  :169:

Ok that’s great!
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline Dinher

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: GUELPH
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 04:17:48 PM
Do you remember your options for the Corbin seat? Is that the Emerald Green welt?

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 11:35:33 PM
While the seat looks nice and is probably more comfortable, I’m not fond of the riding position it promotes. Looking at the shape, it seems like it would encourage you to sit forward in the seat like the stock seat does but I prefer to sit at the back of the saddle.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 01:29:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Dinher [+]
Do you remember your options for the Corbin seat? Is that the Emerald Green welt?

Its lime green
"The ride is the reason"

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 01:34:58 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
While the seat looks nice and is probably more comfortable, I’m not fond of the riding position it promotes. Looking at the shape, it seems like it would encourage you to sit forward in the seat like the stock seat does but I prefer to sit at the back of the saddle.

The nose (front) is pretty flat, back is dished out some (how I asked them to make it like my other Corbin)- maybe they all come like that?
It's more like a saddle than a seat now, did notice it elevated me some and put my wrists at a slightly different angle- nothing big though. Only got 70 miles in this weekend, no tailbone pressure.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline Snowwolfe

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: East TN
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 02:27:25 PM
I observed plenty of riders switching out levers for shortys during my online surfing. What are the advantages?
2020 ZL1 Camaro
2020 Z900 Kawasaki
2018 Suzuki Vstrom 1000