Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: stock seat  (Read 895 times)

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
stock seat
on: June 20, 2020, 02:50:48 PM
Good morning all. I've purchased the kawi ergo seat awaiting delivery. Just curious what others have done. After 200 miles on the brand new stock one I feel it is bit stiff for my liking. Any input s appreciated. Will the kawi ergo seat suffice? Time will tell. Wonder what other riders are using. Keep riding.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: stock seat
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 03:34:15 PM
Im running with the tall seat. I find it makes the riding position better and reduces how much you slide forward. That said, Im looking at custom seats with gel pads for extra comfort.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 03:51:11 PM
Also just started using the Kawi ergo seat and I like it so much more than the stock seat. More comfy and no more sliding forward. That said I am still waiting and hoping that Frontline starts offering his custom seat upgrades again. If he does I will be getting that and have the ergo seat as a spare.

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 01:47:28 AM
 Thanks for the input. As well as quick responses.

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 02:07:17 AM
*Originally Posted by jaanpla [+]
Also just started using the Kawi ergo seat and I like it so much more than the stock seat.

OK, US have thinner seat than EU for 2020, but is the ergo seat for US 2020 the same as stock seat on EU model?
I ask because i find stock EU 2020 seat hard and uncofortable if rides are over 1 hour without taking a break. On my former Z750 with thinner (but softer) seat that one on 2020 Z900, that was not the case - 2 hours was not a problem.

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 02:52:43 AM
*Originally Posted by 3alfa3 [+]

OK, US have thinner seat than EU for 2020, but is the ergo seat for US 2020 the same as stock seat on EU model?
I ask because i find stock EU 2020 seat hard and uncofortable if rides are over 1 hour without taking a break. On my former Z750 with thinner (but softer) seat that one on 2020 Z900, that was not the case - 2 hours was not a problem.

Can't say for sure. Just got the ergo seat in today and will put on and ride tomorrow. I can say that the stock seat for US 2020 is hard and uncomfortable for over 1 hour rides.  I have seen pics where the seat actually says kawasaki on it but my stock or factory ergo one does not. Maybe a UK thing? Either way I will know more about it tomorrow.

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 02:55:48 AM
*Originally Posted by iakona [+]
Can't say for sure. Just got the ergo seat in today and will put on and ride tomorrow. I can say that the stock seat for US 2020 is hard and uncomfortable for over 1 hour rides.  I have seen pics where the seat actually says kawasaki on it but my stock or factory ergo one does not. Maybe a UK thing? Either way I will know more about it tomorrow.

Your Kawi ergo seat doesn't say Kawasaki on it? Hmm mine does. I wonder if there are two versions of them. Did you get it from the dealership?

Offline turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 02:56:20 AM
I'm running a stock seat 2020 Z900 US.  I put 220 miles on it one day.  The stocker didn't bother me at all.  Put a bout 160 today out to a BMW demo day, and felt okay.  I was actually installing some bar ends and a mirror, and pushed on the seat.  Seems kind of squishy to me, but not so squishy that there were any hot spots on my bum from the seat pan.  I thought about upgrading to a seat with a gel insert down the road.  Time will tell. 

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 07:26:00 AM
I would like to try the taller seat mainly because I think the seat is way too low. Ive heard that it doesnt make much difference though, so I dont wanna spend the money on it.
 As far as comfort goes, I think thats very subjective. I dont have any problems with the shorter seat in that regard. I think it has more to do with what type of riding youre doing. Ive ridden for 4+ hours with no discomfort and 30 minutes with lots of discomfort.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 09:05:39 AM
 I"m pretty sure Kawasaki increased seat height (foam thickness) on the 2020 to 17-19 Ergo seat dimensions. Do Kawasaki actually offer a 2020 Ergo seat?
 Did the US get short changed on saddles as well as LED turn signals and exhaust headers?
Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:06:18 AM by Cazzy_R
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.