Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: China Cat.delete mid pipe.  (Read 339 times)

Offline gary

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Texas
China Cat.delete mid pipe.
on: June 22, 2020, 07:05:07 PM
I plan on ordering a China mid pipe off of ebay for my 2020 z900.  Does this pipe delete the cat and bread box?  It looks the cat stays from the looks of that pipe.  If the cat is intended to stay I will dig in there and pull it out in pieces.  I can use a paddle bit and drill into it.  Will a tuner be necessary if I remove the cat and breadbox?

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: China Cat.delete mid pipe.
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:18:26 PM
Depends on the link pipe. Theres loads of threads on the subject, just have a search. Some link pipes only remove the breadbox, some remove the cat too. As for tuning, from what weve found out so far, the 17-19 plate Zs dont need a tune as they run rich from the factory, but it seems this isnt the case with the 2020 model and a tune is required, probably owing to the rider modes etc.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline gary

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Texas
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 09:36:22 PM
What map would I choose for power commander 5?

Offline turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:22:32 AM
There's only 5 maps/tunes on the Power Commander website, but looks like you'd basically have a full system for a 2020.  There's 2 maps for an Akra and Leo Vince full system with stock or aftermarket air filter.  I'd start with one of those.