Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tail tidy issues  (Read 649 times)

Online iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: tail tidy issues
Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 02:01:50 PM
Thank you guys for all the info. It was the fuse box on left side behind fairing. The brake light fuse was blown. I did a little research and think I need a resistor or relay to connect the new plate light to the existing connector being the new one is led and the stock one is not.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 05:46:58 PM
*Originally Posted by iakona [+]
I did a little research and think I need a resistor or relay to connect the new plate light to the existing connector being the new one is led and the stock one is not.

Nope. You are getting confused with LED turn signals they need a resistor or LED specific flasher relay to prevent hyper flashing.
i.e. flashing  really fast. LED lights just need a 12v power source, nothing else.
Get some spare/scrap electrical cable and connect the Evotech plate lamp it directly to the battery to test it. If it doesn't light up swap the wires over. If it still doesn't light up its faulty.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 05:53:19 PM
Tested the plate light with my battery and it lights up. Waiting for a service tech to get off lunch lol to call back. Any other suggestions? And thanks for all the input. You guys have helped me a ton.