Iíve been wanting to try to raise my stock seat for a while. Basically from the second I first rode it. Iím too cheap to buy the ergo taller seat and Iím not sure it would be as tall as I want anyway.
Since thereís rain forecasted for a few days I figured I would dig in. Iím waiting for some tire changing tools anyway.
I decided to attack it by raising the material under the stock seat foam.
I already had some expanding foam so I taped up the seat pan and started spraying. I guess it was old stuff because it didnít expand much at all. Oh well.
I eyeballed the height and let the surface dry before setting the stock foam on it and putting some pressure on it to form the expanding foam to the bottom of the stock seat foam. This worked pretty good.
Iím leaving some weight on it and letting it set for a day or two. After that Iíll use some more expanding foam or possibly upholstery foam to fill in the sides then cover with seat vinyl. In theory. Iíll update with results or failure.