Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motocomposites disappointment  (Read 1888 times)

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Motocomposites disappointment
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 03:53:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Leto_II [+]
Yeah man.  The toddler rage was real.  What makes it worse is that my stepdad is a wonderful human who was only trying to help, so there wasnt even a bad guy to rage against haha.  Hit the gym extra hard for a couple days to work that out for sure😂

I bet he was feeling bad about it! Cant be mad to those kind of people! Poor him lol
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline sutefunu

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 06:39:45 PM
Damn, I'm very disappointed as well. Can't imagine how you feel. I also have heard good words about them and have put all the carbon parts Ind the shopping card just for fun but after sh#t like that will never use them. Even if I win the lottery.
On another note disregarding the problems I love how the matte carbon looks on the photos. What weave is that?

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Salina, Kansas
Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 06:53:52 PM
Its the matte twill finish. And I agree, the parts that are good and fan freakin tastic.  The tail section looks amazing.  Im holding off on fitting it until I see how this all plays out.

Im not going to write them off just yet, mistakes and problems happen, if they respond well and have good customer service Ill gladly shout their praises from the rooftops.   But basically any response other than we are mortified this is your first impression of us, we have a full set of replacement pieces in the mail right now, and weve sent it express shipping will have me demanding my money back and if it doesnt happen immediately using usaas consumer protection to do a chargeback and writing up my experience on every forum and review site I can find.  One of the benefits of usaa, they are amazing with stuff like this.

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 08:33:54 PM
Let me add my personal experience re buying carbon parts from any company.

I bought carbon parts directly from China, Spain, Germany and UK. All parts apart from China were bought from reputable well known online companies and let me tell you all those part come from the same source/factory somewhere in China, I am 100% sure of it. They all came with the same back labels, if you show me the label on the inside of your part I will tell you.

Never bought anything from US but I imagine it will be the same. When it goes to the finish as you mentioned its hit and miss, I ordered/exchanged the same parts 3 times on occasion before the quality of the finish was acceptable. Factory quality control is poor and the companies selling them are not much better because I doubt they ever check the stock themselves before dispatch.

If I were you poor finish wouldn't be the biggest of my concerns, its the fit you should be worrying about. None of my carbon parts on my Z (and I have 12) have fitted without modification (drilling, grinding, gluing ect) Test the fit before you consider exchange as you might be surprised.

Don't want to put you off, because the finished effect is great when done, but I wont be buying more anytime soon unless its OEM carbon part.

One more thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they only had one in stock of each and would quote you 6-8 weeks to get a replacement, just saying.
Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:35:37 PM by BartZ

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 01:13:09 AM
Gotcha man, thanks for the input.

I suppose I had held off on fitting the pieces as I figured there would be some potential jiggerypokery needed and  wanted to leave the parts in 100% as received condition until I heard from them.

I have a suspicion you are right about them not having parts on hand.  Idk, guess I was naive, just having heard nothing but good stuff about this particular company I leapt to some conclusions about them making the parts themselves and maintains inventory and idk giving a sh*t about customer service.  So my suspicion is thst Ill be just asking for my money back and warning everyone who will listen to before these folks. 

Anyway thanks for your perspective and experience.  Bit disappointing but I think this is the definition of a first world problem, so🤷‍♂️

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 04:18:26 PM
In my travels around world wide web I found this website when I was looking for some OEM parts:

https://www.asian-motoparts.com/en/722-genuine-parts-z900

They seem to have Z900 original fairings as low as 50% of RRP on some, never used them myself but you can pay via Pay Pal and even with custom charges it should turn out to be quite a bit of saving comparing to dealership prices.

Just something to think about if you decide to go back to stock, If I were looking for genuine parts I would have give them a go.
Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:21:47 PM by BartZ

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 04:33:22 PM
Good looking out, thanks man!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 04:44:04 PM
*Originally Posted by BartZ [+]
In my travels around world wide web I found this website when I was looking for some OEM parts:

https://www.asian-motoparts.com/en/722-genuine-parts-z900

They seem to have Z900 original fairings as low as 50% of RRP on some, never used them myself but you can pay via Pay Pal and even with custom charges it should turn out to be quite a bit of saving comparing to dealership prices.

Just something to think about if you decide to go back to stock, If I were looking for genuine parts I would have give them a go.

Good find.  :028:
 I just compared the cost of a tail unit with UK prices. Even with 20% VAT added its over 100 cheaper!

Leto II. This is your chance to go full on Candy Lime Green! More exclusive on your side of the pond than carbon, DO IT!  :082:
Unless of course you have the bile green frame. That wouldn't work.  :110:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 04:56:28 PM
Oh man.  Red frame/wheels + candy line fairing. 

CHRISTMAS BIKE!

Lemme tell you guys, this incident makes me sooooooo happy I spent all that time wrapping my oem stuff.
Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:08:57 PM by Leto_II

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 05:08:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Leto_II [+]
Oh man.  Red frame/wheels + candy line fairing. 

CHRISTMAS BIKE!

Actually I think that would be awesome. Especially with green rim tape.  :005:
Maybe IBuchon AKA the Photoshopmeister while produce a rendition?  :156:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.