Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motocomposites disappointment  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Salina, Kansas
Re: Motocomposites disappointment
Reply #30 on: June 30, 2020, 07:29:50 PM
Caz my man,

I’ve turned a lack of taste into an art form.

I drive an 89 iroc.  Maroon.  Gold lettering.

And that’s too much for even me lol.
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:31:14 PM by Leto_II

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #31 on: June 30, 2020, 09:32:14 PM
Indeed, who can want a christmas candy looking bike.... 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ 
Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/mzslave

Instagram: @mz900lt

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #32 on: June 30, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Leto_II [+]
I drive an 89 iroc.  Maroon.  Gold lettering.
You still listening to Bon Jovi?  :005:

Anyways, hope you LS converted it.

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2020, 11:07:45 PM
Frontline -

No but its been on the wishlist for a while.  This years toy money went to getting back in two wheels so maybe next year. 

I do however have a giant (removable thank god) vinyl tap out logo sticker for the back window for when I pick my niece up from school to embarrass her even more.

Have to take it off for work, for some reason patients dont trust a doc who drives the douchebag boyfriends car from teenage dirtbag🤷‍♂️

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #34 on: July 02, 2020, 04:07:38 PM
So some good news on the carbon parts front.

After 3-4 phone calls and emails all slow playing me oh we have to wait for the factory to approve it, we have to have better pictures etc I finally spoke to a manager. 

In two minutes he said alright, this shouldnt have happened, Im going to overnight you replacements for everything, Ill deal with the factory on my end.

So, problems happen with manufacturing, but to me if they are right this time they have shown that they are worth the middleman fee just for their customer service.  Ill update with how everything is when it gets here, but Im gonna give this a tentatively redeemed rating haha.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #35 on: July 02, 2020, 05:07:52 PM
Theres a lot to be said for good customer service. Yes the problem shouldnt have happened, but when its dealt with quickly and effectively along with an apology, youve got to give them some credit. Looking forward to seeing the parts fitted :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 07:33:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Leto_II [+]
So some good news on the carbon parts front.

After 3-4 phone calls and emails all slow playing me oh we have to wait for the factory to approve it, we have to have better pictures etc I finally spoke to a manager. 

In two minutes he said alright, this shouldnt have happened, Im going to overnight you replacements for everything, Ill deal with the factory on my end.

So, problems happen with manufacturing, but to me if they are right this time they have shown that they are worth the middleman fee just for their customer service.  Ill update with how everything is when it gets here, but Im gonna give this a tentatively redeemed rating haha.

That's a promising responce In the end. I've had a few bits from them in the past for the z900 and also for previous bikes and i've never had any problems with quality. Hope your replacements are up to scratch.
Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:33:51 PM by superpig
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 08:32:08 PM
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
Hope your replacements are up to scratch.

Good one. 🤭
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #38 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:47 PM
How you know its a great pun... it blends so naturally you miss it the first time around

Offline Leto_II

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #39 on: July 03, 2020, 03:56:37 PM
A fun wrinkle in the great carbon fiber odyssey of 2020:

At the same time I ordered the motocomposites parts, i decided to take a chance on ordering directly from China via eBay a front fender.  It was less than half the price of the  and had a 5-6 week delivery estimate, so thought I would give it a try, my fender wasn’t damaged in the incident so it wasn’t necessary, but hey in for a penny and all that.

Well yesterday, the front fender arrived after 10 days.  It was packaged EXACTLY the same as the motocomposites stuff, same somewhat distinctive label, same sticker on the inside, everything.  And the part is absolutely flawless.  So in a head to head comparison, the China part got here faster, in perfect condition, for under half the price, and for all the world looks like it came from the same factory (as Bart predicted, so good call on that dude).

So eBay carbon fiber if you can find a good price in my very small sample size comparison arrived faster in better condition for cheaper. 

If motocomposites does keep good on their part of the customer service and does get replacements to me in the next day or so, it would demonstrate a degree of value that may justify the price increase.  But again even if they do, i did have to talk to three employees and got a weeks worth of runaround before talking to someone who made it happen.

Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:57:18 PM by Leto_II