Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank Grip other than Techspec  (Read 615 times)

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Tank Grip other than Techspec
on: June 28, 2020, 07:39:39 PM
 Who has what?
 How do they perform?
 Grippy?
 Stayed stuck?

Easi-Grip/R&G, Chinese (I'm not proud) etc.?

I can't find an outlet for Techspec this side of the pond so I'm disregarding them.  :027:

Thanks in advance.  :028:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Tank Grip other than Techspec
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 07:55:11 PM
Ive got eazigrip tank pads. Been on the bike for nearly 3 years, havent moved since I put them on and seem fairly grippy. The one thing I would say is to go with the pro version (in the link) rather than the silicon version I fitted as they get rub marks/fading on them. Im thinking of replacing mine with the pro for that reason when I get round to it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eazi-Grip-PRO-Motorcycle-Tank-Grips-Kawasaki-Z900-2017-Current-Clear-Black/172608672671?hash=item283047539f:g:P7wAAOSwmgJY4mn0
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 08:17:31 PM
 I mean't tank GRIPS!
 DOH!  :157:

Rob knew what I mean't  :047:
Cazzy_R

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 08:40:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
I mean't tank GRIPS!
 DOH!  :157:

Rob knew what I mean't  :047:

Well eazi-grip do a matching tank pad for the grips Ive posted a link for, so youre good either way lol :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:21:05 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
The one thing I would say is to go with the pro version (in the link) rather than the silicon version I fitted as they get rub marks/fading on them. Im thinking of replacing mine with the pro for that reason when I get round to it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eazi-Grip-PRO-Motorcycle-Tank-Grips-Kawasaki-Z900-2017-Current-Clear-Black/172608672671?hash=item283047539f:g:P7wAAOSwmgJY4mn0

I was thinking of going for the knobbly "EVO" versions TBH.
Not as pleasing to the eye but surely better grip?
I find it frustrating that Eazi-Grip only make grips for the tank when its the black plastic panel below where my knees come into contact.
Means buying their knee grips AND the DIY kit to do the job properly. It's only money.  :006:
Cazzy_R

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 06:49:00 PM
I have the Eazi grip Evo bobbled  ones in clear they do perform well and stuck really well if you follow their instructions and leave them to set for 24 hours.Being clear it did take awhile to get rid of bubbles and done slowly was ok.The bobble bits made it a bit more difficult to smooth out bubbles.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 07:39:04 PM
*Originally Posted by bobw [+]
I have the Eazi grip Evo bobbled  ones in clear they do perform well and stuck really well if you follow their instructions and leave them to set for 24 hours.Being clear it did take awhile to get rid of bubbles and done slowly was ok.The bobble bits made it a bit more difficult to smooth out bubbles.

Thanks for the feedback bobw.  :028:
I hadn't considered the clear but although you can see the bubbles at least you know when you have actually eradicated them.
With the black....... :187:
Cazzy_R

Offline hurricanepaines

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Westbury
Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 11:52:51 PM
I went for the Eazi-grip Pro Clear first and even with the bubbles removed I didn't think they looked that great so switched to the Pro black ones which are perfect. If you want clear go with the Evo version. as bobw said the bobble bits make it hard to get the bubbles out and the pro version has a lot more. I've only got an old photo of the clear ones on for comparison.

Eazi-Grip Pro Clear  (The lighter bit along the bottom is where it overlapped the sharper curve of the tank going under a bit and wouldn't stick)

Eazi-Grip Pro Black (on this one the white line under the grip is a light reflection on the curve)

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 12:28:13 AM
*Originally Posted by hurricanepaines [+]
I went for the Eazi-grip Pro Clear first and even with the bubbles removed I didn't think they looked that great so switched to the Pro black ones which are perfect.

Great feedback thanks.
I'm pretty much settled on black either way.
What's your feeling on the grip and control aspect of the Pro? Or did you fit then mainly for paint protection?
Cazzy_R

Offline hurricanepaines

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Westbury
Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 12:41:16 AM
Mostly paint protection. My knees normally sit just below the grips unless I'm hanging off with the other knee down and i rarely do that on the road. The few occasions where I have been able to hang off though I had noticeably more grip and confidence.