Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi saddlebag owners  (Read 356 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Snowwolfe

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 45
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: East TN
  • Country: us
Givi saddlebag owners
on: June 30, 2020, 07:11:14 PM
If anyone here has the Givi saddlebags and brackets installed on their bike please PM me. I have some questions would like to ask you.
Thanks!
2020 ZL1 Camaro
2020 Z900 Kawasaki
2018 Suzuki Vstrom 1000

Offline cjskinner

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1362
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:27:01 PM
I do you can pm me or search on the forum my pictures of the kit
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline MattR

  • Forum Help and Support
  • Z900 Pro
  • *****
  • Posts: 185
  • Admin/Moderator
  • Country: gb
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:46:09 AM
If anyone here has the Givi saddlebags and brackets installed on their bike please PM me. I have some questions would like to ask you.

Hmm .... can't you make the question public which might help other members further down the line ?   :027:

Offline cjskinner

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1362
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 11:50:56 AM
*Originally Posted by MattR [+]
Hmm .... can't you make the question public which might help other members further down the line ?   :027:

Its the same as another member here. Nothing secret haha
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline Snowwolfe

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 45
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: East TN
  • Country: us
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 02:26:04 PM
*Originally Posted by MattR [+]
Hmm .... can't you make the question public which might help other members further down the line ?   :027:

Sure, the 2020 has a helmet lock on the left side of the frame. I already discovered the tab welded on the frame interferes with the SW saddlebag system. So I thought if a 2017-2019 owner who has the Givi system could look at a close up photo of the tab they could tell me if it would fit my 2020.
Sorry the photo is upside down. I tried to fix it but failed.
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:56:14 PM by Snowwolfe
2020 ZL1 Camaro
2020 Z900 Kawasaki
2018 Suzuki Vstrom 1000

Offline turbo_crispy

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 161
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
  • Country: us
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 02:47:50 PM
*Originally Posted by Snowwolfe [+]
Sure, the 2020 has a helmet lock on the left side of the frame. I already discovered the tab welded on the frame interferes with the SW saddlebag system. So I thought if a 2017-2019 owner who has the Givi system could look at a close up photo of the tab they could tell me if it would fit my 2020.

I tried to put a Givi luggage rack on my 2020.  I went through this and have a few posts on here about that dang bracket.  2017-2019 US models don't have it.  2020 EU (World Models) don't have the bracket. 

Offline Snowwolfe

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 45
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: East TN
  • Country: us
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 09:22:40 PM
I contacted Givi in NC by telephone today. They told me for the 2020 I need the following:
TST 4118
4118 Kit
ST604 bags
The guy I talked to said the top rack case will not work ( I knew that) and the 4118 kit is needed because the top rack will not be part of the install.
2020 ZL1 Camaro
2020 Z900 Kawasaki
2018 Suzuki Vstrom 1000

Offline turbo_crispy

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 161
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
  • Country: us
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 09:39:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Snowwolfe [+]
I contacted Givi in NC by telephone today. They told me for the 2020 I need the following:
TST 4118
4118 Kit
ST604 bags
The guy I talked to said the top rack case will not work ( I knew that) and the 4118 kit is needed because the top rack will not be part of the install.

Sounds good. So, so far any luggage system that mounts from the two bolts for the rear passenger foot peg will not work on the 2020 US model.  I found the instructions for the TST4118, and yeah, that looks like it will be fine.  Interesting that one of the mounting points for the rack is the actual passenger peg pivot point.  Whatever, it clears the helmet lock bracket.  I would of liked to get those SW Motech sadddle bags too. 

Offline Snowwolfe

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 45
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: East TN
  • Country: us
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 09:54:19 PM
I ordered everything from MotoStorm who is based in Italy. https://www.motostorm.it/en/
Ordered from them in the past and never had an issue and all my orders arrived in perfect condition. They had all 3 parts in stock and I had a 20 euro coupon from a previous order.
$510 and change including shipping
If I would of ordered from a stateside vendor was looking at roughly $800 after being charged sales tax. In todays slow shipping world I expect to receive the order by the end of July and will post an update to this thread after installing the system.
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:57:18 PM by Snowwolfe
2020 ZL1 Camaro
2020 Z900 Kawasaki
2018 Suzuki Vstrom 1000

Offline turbo_crispy

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 161
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
  • Country: us
Re: Givi saddlebag owners
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 10:04:21 PM
*Originally Posted by Snowwolfe [+]
I ordered everything from MotoStorm who is based in Italy. https://www.motostorm.it/en/
Ordered from them in the past and never had an issue and all my orders arrived in perfect condition. They had all 3 parts in stock and I had a 20 euro coupon from a previous order.
$510 and change including shipping
If I would of ordered from a stateside vendor was looking at roughly $800 after being charged sales tax. In todays slow shipping world I expect to receive the order by the end of July and will post an update to this thread after installing the system.

Good to know.
I will say I placed an order from GP Racing Apparel on 6/22/20, and my order arrived on 6/29/20, and it shipped from Italy. Granted it was a small package with their basic shipping rate, but I thought I'd see it in mid-July or later.  So here's to hoping you see it mid-July.