Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEW Dave Moss z900 Tuning Video  (Read 9673 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: NEW Dave Moss z900 Tuning Video
Reply #50 on: July 14, 2020, 10:49:16 AM
Just to update, I slowed down the rebound by 1 click and gave it a try. Wear line on the edge of the tyre is now straighter, so that seems to have done the trick. No noticeable/undesirable difference running it slightly slower so Ill leave it like that for a while and see how it goes.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Braxus_Maximus

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 KAWASAKI Z 900
  • Town / City: Pittsburg CA
Reply #51 on: October 14, 2020, 08:18:46 PM
So what is correct amount of sag Front and rear I have 38 mm front and  Id I try to get 39 rear  the bike seems way to soft in the rear and wants to lift the front tire all the time under acceleration
Keep the Rubber side down and don't ride faster than your guardian angle can fly

Braxus rides in Cali

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #52 on: October 14, 2020, 08:25:19 PM
*Originally Posted by Braxus_Maximus [+]
So what is correct amount of sag Front and rear I have 38 mm front and  Id I try to get 39 rear  the bike seems way to soft in the rear and wants to lift the front tire all the time under acceleration

Aim for about 35mm front and 40mm rear.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline filecon

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #53 on: December 22, 2020, 09:10:08 AM
I have never had a motorbike setup, and don't have the foggiest idea how to do it. This video is the first time I've seen anything in relation to setting up a bike for a rider. I suppose it's because I'm a noob. Does anyone know where there is a set of instructions or a list of things I should do to setup my bike, preferably with some instructions for a z900?  Thanks.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #54 on: December 22, 2020, 12:10:33 PM
*Originally Posted by filecon [+]
I have never had a motorbike setup, and don't have the foggiest idea how to do it. This video is the first time I've seen anything in relation to setting up a bike for a rider. I suppose it's because I'm a noob. Does anyone know where there is a set of instructions or a list of things I should do to setup my bike, preferably with some instructions for a z900?  Thanks.

Youtube is your friend. If you get stuck, theres a good bunch on here that can help you out if you dont understand something :028:

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900 ABS & Z400 ABS
Reply #55 on: May 08, 2021, 03:04:16 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Youtube is your friend. If you get stuck, theres a good bunch on here that can help you out if you dont understand something :028:

YouTube is sometimes the problem.  As mentioned on this video, even DM contradicts himself.  How is a noob suppose to get any real information from that? Also the pace is usually fast, you cant get answers to questions  etc.  I would prefer a tech manual that defines the terms, and the order one should approach tuning.  I think I get it but, but understanding and doing are sometimes two different things. 

Forums are great, but opinions run high as well and you are the mercy of someone actually responding. 

I found the below video especially helpful learning concepts and general steps:
Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 03:11:09 AM by broderp

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #56 on: May 08, 2021, 05:18:47 AM
*Originally Posted by broderp [+]
YouTube is sometimes the problem.  As mentioned on this video, even DM contradicts himself.  How is a noob suppose to get any real information from that? Also the pace is usually fast, you cant get answers to questions  etc.  I would prefer a tech manual that defines the terms, and the order one should approach tuning.  I think I get it but, but understanding and doing are sometimes two different things. 

Forums are great, but opinions run high as well and you are the mercy of someone actually responding. 

I found the below video especially helpful learning concepts and general steps:
. Plus Dave Moss gives you teasers then he wants your money to get the rest of the story!! Cant blame him though gotta make money!!