Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best replacement brake pads for aggressive street and some track riding  (Read 1591 times)

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Double H. I知 doing them this winter. It has been discussed before. I bought them in anticipation with brake oil.

I知 at 23k Km and they look fine. I値l probably finish this summer with 27k km. I bet I could do another summer with stock but I値l change them anyways.
Why not just change them now? Improved braking sooner rather than later.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Why not just change them now? Improved braking sooner rather than later.

I tried them many times and they are perfectly fine in a emergency.

+ I don稚 have the time right now for this! I want to enjoy doing it this autumn with a cold beer haha
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Lohja
EBC FA347HH feels less spongy than the OEM pads. When braking lightly they feel the same, but when squeezing the brake lever hard, it does not come that close to the throttle as the OEM. (It kind of does not seem to many any sense, but I feel that's how it works, how soft can the oem pads really be?)

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
EBC FA347HH feels less spongy than the OEM pads. When braking lightly they feel the same, but when squeezing the brake lever hard, it does not come that close to the throttle as the OEM. (It kind of does not seem to many any sense, but I feel that's how it works, how soft can the oem pads really be?)
The spongy feeling is in the lines themselves. With a more aggressive pad you don't have to squeeze as hard therefore your brakes "feel" less spongy.
Try squeezing them when your bike is parked, aggressive pads or not, the sponginess is still there.

Offline MZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
hi

anyone can comment on Brembo sintered pads?  is it better over EBC HH or not worth?
Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/mzslave

Instagram: @mz900lt

Offline JordiR

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Barcelona
Brembo SA (Ref. 07KA23.SA) are the same compound that EBC HH.
I have bought a DP (Dunlop Pads) brake pads in all my motorcycles and have never been disappointed. Ref. SDP922HH+ for the Z.

There are more brands that make brake pads with sintered compound: Galfer, CarboneLorraine, SBS, Goldfren...
2019 Kawasaki Z900