Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Has anyone tried the carbon rims on the Z900?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Has anyone tried the carbon rims on the Z900?
on: July 31, 2020, 10:09:07 AM
If so,  tell me all about the carbon rims performance and experience on the Z900.
Alabama 47

Online superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Re: Has anyone tried the carbon rims on the Z900?
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 02:02:24 PM
I've ridden a bike that had them fitted and it felt great. Really light tip in and at higher speed you really noticed the difference.
However for something like the z900 where carbon wheels would be half the price of the bike it doesn't make such sense. Unless you're really set on it.
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 02:07:58 PM
I'll let you know when I win the lotto.   :008:

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 04:21:45 PM
In general, carbon wheel make the biggest difference how the bike transitions from left/right lean. Acceleration is also improved but like I said, its all about lean to lean. If you casually ride around or tour, you will not fully appreciate the advantage a set of carbon wheel give. If you ride the Z900 beyond its limit, besides suspension., I can see the point. Outside of that...its just for bling.

Also rarely discussed, heavier (stock) wheels comes with some advantages. They track really well (straight line) when road conditions are not ideal. They are less susceptible and transmit less (negative) force back to the rider.

So be honest with yourself and your level of riding...do you really need carbon wheels?

*Originally Posted by turbo_crispy [+]
I'll let you know when I win the lotto.   :008:
If I win the lotto, first thing I'm doing it giving the Z900 away. Lets be honest...
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:24:17 PM by Frontline

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 04:38:23 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
If I win the lotto, first thing I'm doing it giving the Z900 away. Lets be honest...

What do you mean give it away?  Get it a stable mate that comes with carbon fiber wheels as stock!

Offline Tudtran

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Johnstown
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 11:24:47 PM
I was very close to get a set. I ordered them at the end of January, seller issued the refund at the end of May. According to the seller shipping to the US is a no go. Im glad I didnt get it. The road have been bad this year due to the lack of traffic. Rocks and debris are destroying my rear wheels.

The carbon fiber wheels doesnt have a deep center disk. So the tires are a one time mount. Have to cut the beads to remove tires from the wheels. I dont think it was a big deal for me since I dont swap the tires out for slick on track day.

Offline ProfJeff

• Z900 Pro
  • I don't care what you ride, I care that you ride.
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Lexington NC
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 05:16:58 AM
So be honest with yourself and your level of riding...do you really need carbon wheels?
[/quote]

I would not be giving the Z away, but instead of getting 80% of my riding time split with my Raider, it would be split even more with a big Indian bagger and GSXR1000R. Then I would definitely have a bike for each mood--from one person cruising (Raider) to short mental break hops (Z) to fast adrenaline hops (GSXR) to long trips (Indian).  Not that I've thought about this ultimate garage, of course.  :821:
2019 Z900 Moondust Grey and Red, MRA Racing Windscreen

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 01:45:39 PM

I would not be giving the Z away, but instead of getting 80% of my riding time split with my Raider, it would be split even more with a big Indian bagger and GSXR1000R. Then I would definitely have a bike for each mood--from one person cruising (Raider) to short mental break hops (Z) to fast adrenaline hops (GSXR) to long trips (Indian).  Not that I've thought about this ultimate garage, of course.  :821:
[/quote]

I would own a h2r, biggest craziest Harley, the best trail motorcycle and maybe changing every part of the Z to make it the most badass for the lul.
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -