Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just fitted a set of ABM 0330 bars  (Read 376 times)

Offline jimbob63uk

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Sunderland
Just fitted a set of ABM 0330 bars
on: August 01, 2020, 03:00:14 PM
Just fitted these ABM 0330 sportbike bars and I love them. Much flatter than the stock bars and wider as well though I did trim the length. Just been for a ride and find them so much more comfortable than the stock bars  - thanks for the suggestion Cazzy  :152:

Had to make some slight tweaks in addition to shortening them from 840 mm to 800 mm. The ID is 12 mm and most bar end inserts than I found require an ID of 13 mm minimum so had to bore them out slightly. Found some Motrax bar ends that I bought years ago lying in a box my garage and they have bar inserts with M8 thread so used these inserts along with some longer M8 bolts to fit the stock bar ends.

The older I get, the faster I was

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Just fitted a set of ABM 0330 bars
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 05:10:18 PM
Nice, I got Cazzy to send me some pics of them on his bike so I could get a better idea of what they were like. Ordering mine this month :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 06:16:14 PM
*Originally Posted by jimbob63uk [+]
Just fitted these ABM 0330 sportbike bars and I love them. Much flatter than the stock bars and wider as well though I did trim the length. Just been for a ride and find them so much more comfortable than the stock bars  - thanks for the suggestion Cazzy  :152:

Had to make some slight tweaks in addition to shortening them from 840 mm to 800 mm. The ID is 12 mm and most bar end inserts than I found require an ID of 13 mm minimum so had to bore them out slightly. Found some Motrax bar ends that I bought years ago lying in a box my garage and they have bar inserts with M8 thread so used these inserts along with some longer M8 bolts to fit the stock bar ends.

Hope you will continue to enjoy them.  :028:
 Glad to hear you found a remedy for the bar end issue. That 12mm bore is a curve ball when retaining the stock bar ends.
 Great photos too.  :028: I never felt that any of the shots I took showed the angles to well. Yours definitely do.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline jimbob63uk

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 07:16:47 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Nice, I got Cazzy to send me some pics of them on his bike so I could get a better idea of what they were like. Ordering mine this month :028:

Thanks Rob. I got mine from ebay using the link Cazzy sent me. They are a good supplier, shipped the same day, supplied DHL tracking number and they turned up 2 days earlier than scheduled.

Offline jimbob63uk

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 07:24:13 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Hope you will continue to enjoy them.  :028:
 Glad to hear you found a remedy for the bar end issue. That 12mm bore is a curve ball when retaining the stock bar ends.
 Great photos too.  :028: I never felt that any of the shots I took showed the angles to well. Yours definitely do.

Stuck the bike on a paddock stand, stood on the pegs and bingo. I admit I was nervous boring the ends out for the bar ends in case I was off centre or not straight. They're too long to go under my little pillar drill so I unbolted it from the mount and screwed it to the bench next to my vice then spent an age checking everything was lined up before taking the plunge. It is a bit of pain having to bore them out but on the plus side, it means the wall thickness is greater than other bars and they feel much stiffer than Renthals I've had in the past.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 07:42:44 PM
Just a quick thought. How do I get my heated grips off the current bars? Throttle side is fine as its glued to the throttle tube, but the clutch side is glued directly to the bars.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Pravin ram

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Chennai
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 08:18:03 PM
Hello bro,

Please tell me whether we can reinstall the DB killed in akra.exhaust once we drill through the carbon fiber end cap. We can again insert the.Db.killer in and put nut to hold it

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 08:58:28 PM
*Originally Posted by Pravin ram [+]
Hello bro,

Please tell me whether we can reinstall the DB killed in akra.exhaust once we drill through the carbon fiber end cap. We can again insert the.Db.killer in and put nut to hold it

On the wrong thread buddy, but once youve drilled through the carbon, that gives you access to remove the bolt and take the DB killer out or put it back in. Its an allen head bolt with a little spot weld holding it in place, just need to give it a firm turn to break the weld holding the bolt and then you can take it out/put it in whenever you want. Youll need a rubber plug for the hole once youve drilled it. I used a genuine akrapovic plug which needs a 13mm hole.

Offline Pravin ram

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Chennai
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 09:01:51 PM
Thank you very much for clarification

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 12:08:58 AM
Set of 0330 bars on their way to me :001: