Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from Philly area  (Read 354 times)

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
New member from Philly area
on: August 01, 2020, 10:01:09 PM
Hi everyone, first I want to thank you for the awesome content here it helped a lot in making up my mind. After 5 years without a bike, went to the local demo day today and afterwards reserved a 2020 candy plasma blue Z900! My first bike was a 2008 Ninja 250 followed shortly after with a 2009 ZX6R which due to life situations I had to sell in 2015. After finding the urge to ride again I did a lot of research this year, initially was sold on getting a Ninja 400 but had a lot of time to soul search which led me here to find what I feel is the perfect bike for me! Over the last few months I read through basically every thread on here, even every page of the "what did you do to your Z900 today" and knew it would be right for me, the demo ride today sealed the deal. To make things better my wife reserved a 2020 Vulcan S after testing it out so we can share this love together, she also sold her former bike back in 2015. I look forward to being a part of this great community and more importantly having experiences to share with my new bike!

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Dallas
Re: New member from Philly area
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 10:43:58 PM
 :400:

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 05:06:30 AM
 :305: :400:

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 07:59:30 PM
Thank you for the welcomes, wifey sent me a couple pictures from our visit yesterday hopefully I dont screw this up, these are the new machines!

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 08:32:29 PM
*Originally Posted by BlueRibbonRM [+]
Thank you for the welcomes, wifey sent me a couple pictures from our visit yesterday hopefully I dont screw this up, these are the new machines!

Very nice pair of rides!! You'll both have a ton of fun on them I'm sure :028: I do like your choice of color :001:

Online BGE541

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Chesapeake
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 08:41:30 PM
Welcome and nice bikes!

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 08:47:43 PM
Thank you! I remember when you, jaanpla, posted the pictures before and after de-stickering and I felt pretty sure I would do the same if I managed to get this, it was the best color choice since my car and the main color for my business is blue haha. I guess it was meant to be! Now just to get through the week so I can do what I have wanted to do for a long time and ride my own motorcycle. Thankfully I have a super busy week ahead so that should pass the time quickly, trying to find ways to stay busy today so I don't go crazy though!

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 09:20:49 PM
Thank you! I remember when you, jaanpla, posted the pictures before and after de-stickering and I felt pretty sure I would do the same if I managed to get this, it was the best color choice since my car and the main color for my business is blue haha. I guess it was meant to be! Now just to get through the week so I can do what I have wanted to do for a long time and ride my own motorcycle. Thankfully I have a super busy week ahead so that should pass the time quickly, trying to find ways to stay busy today so I don't go crazy though!

Not sure where you're at but here in MO (in my area anyway), it wouldn't be a problem waiting to ride since it's been raining daily for the last few days😠 I'm a fair weather rider so yeah, the Z hasn't been seeing much road time lately 🙄

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 09:34:33 PM
That's no fun. Here outside of Philadelphia it hasn't rained much lately but has been insanely hot and humid the past few weeks, it was much better yesterday during the demo event thankfully but the forecast shows rain for most of the week just so long as Saturday is dry I will be good to go, we too are fair weather riders and definitely don't want to get caught in rain before I have time to retrain my brain on riding for a while. Since the start of covid we haven't travelled much at all but having bikes will encourage us to get out as much as possible before it gets too cold and the bikes are garaged for the winter.

Offline msalman123

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Denton
Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 12:39:42 AM
Hi everyone, first I want to thank you for the awesome content here it helped a lot in making up my mind. After 5 years without a bike, went to the local demo day today and afterwards reserved a 2020 candy plasma blue Z900! My first bike was a 2008 Ninja 250 followed shortly after with a 2009 ZX6R which due to life situations I had to sell in 2015. After finding the urge to ride again I did a lot of research this year, initially was sold on getting a Ninja 400 but had a lot of time to soul search which led me here to find what I feel is the perfect bike for me! Over the last few months I read through basically every thread on here, even every page of the "what did you do to your Z900 today" and knew it would be right for me, the demo ride today sealed the deal. To make things better my wife reserved a 2020 Vulcan S after testing it out so we can share this love together, she also sold her former bike back in 2015. I look forward to being a part of this great community and more importantly having experiences to share with my new bike!