Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from Philly area  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Re: New member from Philly area
Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 10:43:03 AM
Wow,  you read every thread and post!  Welcome and thatís cool.  Blue is my favorite color.  I just thought of something,  red white and blue,  sounds like a future paint job on my bike,  one day in the future!  Keep the rubber side down,  and break her in gently according to the manual.  Be safe,  have fun!  I love philly cheese steak sandwiches.  I always get the steak and cheese at subway!  Mmm good,  my favorite sandwich there.  I love shrimp,  steak and pizza!  Iím going to sleep now,  itís 442 am.
Alabama 47

Offline ProfJeff

• Z900 Pro
  • I don't care what you ride, I care that you ride.
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Lexington NC
Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 05:23:33 PM
Welcome and it'll be nice to have a riding partner, and one on her own bike allows you to enjoy your bike, and not have to buy some large couch seated cruiser. Nothing against them, just not what I want to ride.
2019 Z900 Moondust Grey and Red, MRA Racing Windscreen

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 01:58:12 AM
Yes, I did a lot of reading, watched countless videos, dreamt about it nightly haha, with everything that went down this year it worked great to keep my mind occupied. Most of this year my life has been just working and not much else to do, so that's how I filled the little free time I had. Ironically I had a cheese steak for dinner tonight, lucky me! Trust me when I say I truly feel blessed the wifey decided to get a bike too, she wouldn't want to be a passenger regardless however it would be a lot harder to enjoy riding or have the time for it if she didn't, I would always feel guilty that she couldn't participate so things couldn't have worked out better. At this point, everything is in order that all we have to do is go in, sign paperwork, and ride off so we are aiming for Saturday early afternoon to get it done. We have a few riding buddies that may meet up with us there to be part of the first ride which is pretty awesome too, can't wait!!

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #13 on: August 09, 2020, 12:04:43 AM
Well, things started off great, finalized the paperwork all good to go, my brother even met us there with his zx10r to join us for the first ride, unfortunately wifey had a meeting with a guard rail leaving the lot. Thankfully she is ok aside from a bruise on her right knee, the bike got a good dent in the tank and it severed all the wires to the right bar, kill switch brake lamp switch etc. Our friend that drove us there came back and picked her up, I rode my z900 home and parked in the garage as I couldn't enjoy it knowing how she must feel right now. On the bright side she is quite a good sport about it so far, she definitely is handling it better than I would if it were the other way around. Either way, here is a happy picture prior to the incident

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 12:25:46 AM
Damn, what a nightmare. At least sheís fine! Slippery new tires or!?
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 01:03:44 AM
My guess is nerves, she rode it around the lot for about 10 minutes to get a feel for it, she did great at the demo event last week, but I guess her mind just wasnt calm. I was leading so thank god I checked my mirror after a few seconds, and my brother was there to help pull the bike up as she was kinda pinned against it. The people at the dealer all came running to her aid too and were really good to her thankfully.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 01:38:18 AM
She needs to ride right when she can so she can forget this event and pass on! Riding is so fun and stuff like that can happens
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 02:50:04 AM
Agreed, I know that even a small amount of doubt or lack of confidence in your ability can cause big issues and this was certainly a mental mishap, fortunately she is strong willed and will get back on when she gets it back. The dealer is delivering it when it's done and we have a great practice area right behind our house, there's an industrial park with good space and parking lots to build back her confidence plus its familiar territory so she will probably be calmer. Besides she already got the first drop out of the way so now there will be less stress about scratching her!! Either way, my 15+ mile ride on the Z was good, I definitely made the right choice for myself. With riding plans cancelled I hope to wash our cars tomorrow and get a photo shoot of the Z with my other baby which is a WRX STi, should look amazing next to each other!

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 06:03:31 PM
After a photo shoot here is my favorite picture of my two babies together

Online jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY