Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from Philly area  (Read 1740 times)

Offline PennsyZ900

• Z900 Member
  • Philadelphia Bred
  • Bike: 2020 Candy Plasma Z9
  • Town / City: Parkesburg, pa
Re: New member from Philly area
Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 12:31:50 AM
If you have the coin for it, get the packtalk bold 2 pack. Hands down the best. I did the research hard, and couldn't find anything that even gets close to comparing. Also, they're cheaper on Amazon than revzilla so there's that.

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Reply #31 on: August 30, 2020, 12:53:28 AM
I looked it up after reading your post earlier, looks good I like the fact it comes with the JBL speakers so good chance I could hear the conversation! Maybe I will talk the wifey into it at the beginning of next season or convince her to consider it a Christmas gift to ourselves and get it then

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 04:05:22 AM
Me and my wife have the JBL set. Highly recommend them.

Offline PennsyZ900

• Z900 Member
  • Philadelphia Bred
  • Bike: 2020 Candy Plasma Z9
  • Town / City: Parkesburg, pa
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 04:18:37 AM
*Originally Posted by BlueRibbonRM [+]
I looked it up after reading your post earlier, looks good I like the fact it comes with the JBL speakers so good chance I could hear the conversation! Maybe I will talk the wifey into it at the beginning of next season or convince her to consider it a Christmas gift to ourselves and get it then

Just know that I wear earplugs, and I still hear music and conversations quite well. You have to mess with the sound settings a bit to find your ideal spot for your choice of earplugs (yes, wear earplugs. I can give you a link to inexpensive but good ones I use) but when you do its surprisingly good sound. I find myself turning it down lately to hear the sweet exhaust note.

Oh and cell phone conversations are also surprisingly clear. Wife couldn't tell the difference between my wrx bluetooth and on the bike at 75 mph on the bypass.
Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:19:49 AM by PennsyZ900

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 12:58:01 AM
I actually was trying to decide on earplugs to buy, since I only managed 250 miles so far I wasnt rushing to get them but I realized in that short time that I really should start using them, especially the few quick shots on the 422 that I did. Dont remember it being so noticeable back in my late 20s haha, but I have enough things in my daily life that aren't great for my hearing no need to add another! On another note I removed all the stickers on the sides and the gas tank today and you were right they came right off, also installed engine guards on wifey's bike so hopefully that will take away any stress she feels getting back in the saddle, I am impressed with how good they look too.

Offline SanZ

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: LETCHWORTH GARDEN CI
Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 09:28:11 PM
Nice bike and colour, that is Poppin off the screen dude. Sorry to hear about your mrs's bike, that's a wounder but sh#t happens I'm glad everyone's ok. Enjoy and safe riding on all future run's 👍🏽