Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: German | Krümmer Z900 2020  (Read 1042 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: German | Krümmer Z900 2020
Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 09:11:51 AM
Have you found out how it is restricted? If it’s an ECU restriction, can you have the ECU flashed to remove it or is it built in so that it can’t be changed?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline KAwaRider

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Karlsruhe
Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 09:44:53 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Have you found out how it is restricted? If it’s an ECU restriction, can you have the ECU flashed to remove it or is it built in so that it can’t be changed?

It is an ECU restriction, as soon as i get the A license (unrestricted) a Kawasaki Dealer can delete this restriction easily.
*Originally Posted by bobw [+]
I assume your A2 is restricted to 35 hp or 47kw the same as UK A2 licence laws? So a high performance top speed would not be possible with a relatively small power output for a relatively heavy bike in comparison to a lightweight Z400 with the same power output.I would guess that the speed restriction is inbuilt to the ecu at this power level.If this is the case then I am not sure why you would want to get a full system for the low restricted power you currently have.Apart from making a bit more noise any power gain would invalidate the 47kw licence restriction.I understand your frustration at not being very fast but top speed is not the be all and end all.

Yes it is the same 35 kW. I dont want the headers to get me a lot more hp, i just want the epic blue titanium look and maybe a little bit more sound. I dont plan to do it while in possession of the A2 license, because, as you said, there are going to be a lot of struggles because of the changed power output.
Also, top speed isnt the thing i am going for in a motorcycle and i am totally with the power i have now and i am just excited to get the normal power output when deleting the restrictions

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900FLF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 08:09:20 PM
Your local dealer can do the removal of ecu restriction when it needs to be done you will get a certificate to this effect same as you have now in reverse. You will only get 70kw after this has been done though you cannot get it uprated to a full normal spec model. The A2 is only designed to deliver max of 70kw.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.