Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: oxford heated grip wire  (Read 729 times)

Offline Machfive

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Sept-les
oxford heated grip wire
on: August 14, 2020, 11:41:35 AM
Hey guys, bought oxford heated grip!

I was wondering if i had to run the wire all the way to the battery or if i could connect it to something in the front? Which had enough power to power them and using the fuse provided with the grip?

I've hear about a 12v laying in the headlight for usb, etc. Can i connect to it or it would be overkill?

How did you guys connected them?

Thanks alot !

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Lohja
Re: oxford heated grip wire
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 03:45:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Machfive [+]
I was wondering if i had to run the wire all the way to the battery.

Yes. Put a fuse box close to the battery (pic). You can use 10A or 15A fuse with a 2,5 mm2 wire (about 13 american wire gauge, you can use thicker of course if you want). Oxfords draw about 4A max, but using thick enough wire enables you to connect other devices (like a cig lighter plug for a usb charger).

I now realized you were thinking of using the Oxfords' own wires, the answer is still yes, connect them to the battery. I needed power for a 2 x 2,4A usb charger and the Oxfords so I used a thicker wire and connected the Oxford wires in the front (cut the Oxford wires shorter and I did not use the Oxfords' own fuse).