Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi new user SanZ here from Herts, England, UK  (Read 1338 times)

Online BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Re: Hi new user SanZ here from Herts, England, UK
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 08:01:19 PM
*Originally Posted by SanZ [+]
Thanks BlueRibbonRM, I certainly hope I have better luck with the Z900, didn't get to put much miles on the MT so relatively new still to biking but there was no way I was going to get another 600-700cc displacement. The Z will have to do :0
Cheers
Fortunately as many others have stated on the forums here the Z is easy to keep tame when you want it even in full power mode, just remember that a twist of the wrist will pull much harder than the smaller twin did! When I test rode the Z at the demo day it caught me off guard when I twisted the throttle hard the first time even though I was at relatively low rpm, it can rip really hard if you're not paying attention. Ride safe and enjoy!

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Sandhurst
Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 09:57:42 PM
Welcome! I also picked mine up on Tuesday. I originally wanted the same colour as yours but couldn't find one so got the Candy Lime Green one which I'm chuffed to bits with.

I've done nearly 500 miles in six days and am loving it!

Offline SanZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: LETCHWORTH GARDEN CI
Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 11:43:58 AM
Simoncrp, that's a shame bro, it's the same conundrum I had and getting prepped for the new bike meant lots of extra little security gear I didn't know I needed

BlueRibbonRM, yes sir that throttle pulls up nicely, have to respect that power but it is manageable, with great power comes even greater responsibility :) just gotta remember we control the bike not the other way round ☺️ I guess the true power band of this bike, being an inline 4, is around 6-8k rpm range but won't realise that truly until we reach that magical 600+ mile on the clock

ChrisTr, yes my man 500+ your pretty much good to go. This colour was the only option for me, unfortunately for whatever reason we don't get the candy blue option here so it would have been between those 2 but I'm more than happy with mine

Enjoy your bikes and safe riding to all 👍🏽

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 11:58:12 AM
What paddock stand bobbins do you have on yours, SanZ?  I got some R&G ones but they're not big enough so the hooks of the stand scratched the swing arm on the left side  :021:

I was going to just put a spacer in to move the bobbin out but perhaps just larger ones would be a better option.

Online Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 02:46:31 AM
*Originally Posted by ChrisTr [+]
What paddock stand bobbins do you have on yours, SanZ?  I got some R&G ones but they're not big enough so the hooks of the stand scratched the swing arm on the left side  :021:

I was going to just put a spacer in to move the bobbin out but perhaps just larger ones would be a better option. Mine was scratching my swing arm also
Until I adjusted the hooks on lift out as far as possible and still line up with spools but more towards outer edge and havent had a issue since. I have a pit bull stand but dont know if all brands are adjustable?

Offline SanZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 05:11:14 AM

I was going to just put a spacer in to move the bobbin out but perhaps just larger ones would be a better option.

I have the evotech bobbins, I was concerned too about scratching the frame and being a noob paddock stand user just went extra careful lining the forks up which took some time but when lifting been fine

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 07:32:44 AM
The Z900 is a great bike!  Bikes are so nice now!
Alabama 47

Offline SanZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 04:49:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
The Z900 is a great bike!  Bikes are so nice now!

It certainly is son, they are very nice 😀

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 05:18:26 PM
*Originally Posted by SanZ [+]
I have the evotech bobbins, I was concerned too about scratching the frame and being a noob paddock stand user just went extra careful lining the forks up which took some time but when lifting been fine

I've been playing this afternoon and discovered that whilst the bobbin could do with being moved a little further out (a couple of washers would do it) it's actually my stand that's knackered. It is quite old. I bought is secondhand over 10 years ago. The left hand section looks like it's bent inwards so it was always likely to be very close to the swing arm.

Anyone recommend a decent stand?!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 05:28:56 PM
Anyone recommend a decent stand?!

You can pay a lot more if you want to but one of these will work well enough.
 https://www.rydestore.com/stands.html?p=2
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.