Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi new user SanZ here from Herts, England, UK  (Read 1370 times)

Online zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Lohja
Re: Hi new user SanZ here from Herts, England, UK
Reply #20 on: September 15, 2020, 08:46:25 PM
*Originally Posted by ChrisTr [+]
What paddock stand bobbins do you have on yours, SanZ?  I got some R&G ones but they're not big enough so the hooks of the stand scratched the swing arm on the left side  :021:

I was going to just put a spacer in to move the bobbin out but perhaps just larger ones would be a better option.
Got a scratch to the left side too. Then I got two of these: https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?pid=45
They are so long that you can adjust the stand wider. Also before lifting put a block of 4" wood under the kickstand to get the bike to a more upright position.

Offline SanZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: LETCHWORTH GARDEN CI
Reply #21 on: September 15, 2020, 09:00:05 PM
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
Got a scratch to the left side too. Then I got two of these: https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?pid=45
They are so long that you can adjust the stand wider. Also before lifting put a block of 4" wood under the kickstand to get the bike to a more upright position.

True say a block of wood or concrete block will make it easier and less likely to scratch the frame. Just have to be as careful as possible and most stands will work, I have the Oxford premium rear stand and after some initial adjustments works all ok.

Online Sarge

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Atlanta
Reply #22 on: September 16, 2020, 02:59:28 AM
*Originally Posted by ChrisTr [+]

Anyone recommend a decent stand?!

I use Pit Bull stands here in the States.

Ive owned my rear stand since 2005...it will outlast me (theyre built like a tank).  Mine is for use with bobbins (I have R&G cotton reels) and the stand features a forward facing handle, so you lever the bike up standing from the side of the motorcycle (versus behind); it works very well.  It also width and height adjustable.  The forks that engage the bobbins miss my swingarm by about 6mm on each side.  Here is a link to what I have...theyre pricey.

https://www.pit-bull.com/spooled-forward-handle-rear-motorcycle-stand-f0043-000

I also have a Pit Bull hybrid front stand (can be used as a fork lift, or head lift).  It requires ordering an adapter as well to lift from the head, as the standard pin is smaller than required for the Z900.  To use it in forklift configuration, the right side has to be adjusted lower by one position, as that fork leg is longer on the Z900 due to the front axle pinch bolt location.

These stands are very high quality, and will outlast me.

Sarge

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #23 on: September 16, 2020, 11:29:25 AM
 AFAIK neither Pit Bull or Woodcraft stands are available in the UK.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 09:33:48 AM
The Z900 is a great bike,  I really love mine!  I hope you will love it also.  Its a keeper!  Your bike looks great!  Congratulations!  Be safe!  Enjoy!  Its fun adding some accessories like tank pads,  crash bars sliders etc fender extenders and radiator guard to protect it.  Also a comfortable seat!  That was real important for my comfort!  It took a while to save up and it took a while,  but I finally got it all protected and it was fun!
Alabama 47

Offline SanZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: LETCHWORTH GARDEN CI
Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 01:20:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
The Z900 is a great bike,  I really love mine!  I hope you will love it also.  Its a keeper!  Your bike looks great!  Congratulations!  Be safe!  Enjoy!  Its fun adding some accessories like tank pads,  crash bars sliders etc fender extenders and radiator guard to protect it.  Also a comfortable seat!  That was real important for my comfort!  It took a while to save up and it took a while,  but I finally got it all protected and it was fun!

Nice  :028: glad to hear bud, I really love mine just from the short time I've spent with it and it'll only get better with the mod's I got planned. Done the some of the safety stuff with frame sliders, rad guard, front/rear axle/fork protectors already on. Haven't looked into the seat yet don't go for long enough rides at mo to need a different one but things change and a more comfy seat can only be a good thing right?. The main mod's I got left are bar end mirrors, tail tidy, racing (Akra) headers, clutch/ brake levers and QS and then maybe some wheel stickers and knew tank pads then it will be golden.