Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket screen options for the shorter person  (Read 567 times)

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Sandhurst
Re: Aftermarket screen options for the shorter person
Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 10:03:21 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
How are you sitting on the bike? Have you tried sitting further back on the seat so you can tuck more? I dont really find the wind an issue until you really get moving. Given my height, tucking isnt as easy, but as youre shorter, could you not tuck down behind the screen a bit more?

I tried various riding positions and found that stretching up so that wind hit my neck & chest worked a bit better than tucking in.  However, both cases were a completely unnatural & uncomfortable positions for me so would be difficult to maintain for any distance.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 10:06:59 AM
Fair enough. Well if you cant find a screen that blocks the wind from hitting your helmet, then youre better off getting a shorter screen so that you dont get any buffeting. A lot of people have gone back to the OEM screen so that their head is in the clean, non turbulent air.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Sandhurst
Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 10:13:57 AM
Quite! The better options seem to be keep as is, get the Kawasaki taller screen which seemed OK on my test ride or the Powerbronze taller screen, which will be another gamble.

I'm just about to do a 40 mile round trip with it back to standard. Perhaps that will help my decision!

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900FLF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 08:36:05 PM
I am 5' 8" so similar height.I picked my 2020 bike up today an ex demonstrator this has a Powerbronze screen fitted  I did find the buffeting around the 70mph mark  around my head but not excessive only time will tell when its run in what it will be like to live with.Did notice more because I took my old bike to dealer with just original small cover.I might remove it after winter  for the summer next year in Spain so that I get a bit more cooler air on body not head.I will try the mod I suggested as see what improvement if any.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.