Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rizoma mirrors knock offs, anyone tried them?  (Read 661 times)

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Rizoma mirrors knock offs, anyone tried them?
on: September 15, 2020, 04:05:17 PM
One of my mirrors got slightly damaged so considering either buying new/used OEM replacement or aftermarket.

Anyone tried those? Under reviews someone included pictures of them installed on Z900, I think they look quite good on the bike. Opinions?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32817829662.html?shortkey=A7nYrURF&addresstype=600

Color: 801-0027-Black

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Re: Rizoma mirrors knock offs, anyone tried them?
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 02:44:27 PM
My bike came with fake Rizoma reverse retro and one would move at highway speeds and couldnt really see out of them. I found some reals ones on eBay used for $100 for both.  The real set hasnt moved and glass is better.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 02:46:19 PM
Somewhere on here is an older posting when a member was giving a set away after not liking them- I got for the price of shipping and tried to make them work as well but couldn't.
They were just way to small on the tapered end + not seeing much past shoulders and getting the adjustment wasn't ever right. They were cheapies for sure.
I put them back on here and another member picked 'em up to try.... They definitely got shipped around enough, maybe 3rd time was a charm? 

Good luck if you decide on them.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline Chris3g

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 04:25:46 PM
I threw my knock off mirrors in the garbage, they pay zero attention to the actual optics of the mirror when making them, all they are trying to accomplish is to make something that looks like the real thing for as cheap as possible. If you want to actually see what is behind you then go for the real thing. Im personally using crg arrows which are excellent.

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:13:54 PM
Although I do not mind the look of bar end mirrors I cant fit them to my bike. The gate entry I have is so narrow that I barely fit with my OEM mirrors and they do not stick that much outside the handlebar.

Because of that I need the traditional style mirrors. Contemplating on those AE but as mentioned the glass/finish may be questionable.

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 10:10:36 AM
*Originally Posted by BartZ [+]
Although I do not mind the look of bar end mirrors I cant fit them to my bike. The gate entry I have is so narrow that I barely fit with my OEM mirrors and they do not stick that much outside the handlebar.

Because of that I need the traditional style mirrors. Contemplating on those AE but as mentioned the glass/finish may be questionable.

I've got some Highsider mirrors on mine, no vibration issues and very good rearward visibility, even mounted this way round, and they don't stick out any wider than the bars.
I did also try some cheap chinese ones first but they were a total waste of money.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 10:14:21 AM
*Originally Posted by KawaJagz [+]
I've got some Highsider mirrors on mine, no vibration issues and very good rearward visibility, even mounted this way round, and they don't stick out any wider than the bars.
I did also try some cheap chinese ones first but they were a total waste of money.

They look decent.
What sort of adaptor do you need to mount to Z900 bars?  :084:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 08:21:02 PM
These came with a longer bolt and spacer that fits between the original bar end weight and the end of the handlebar, and the mirror clamps to this spacer, but I didn't like them fitted in that position and luckily I am in the engineering trade so was able to make a couple of new bar end weights with the outer end turned down to suit the mirror clamps, and then painted gloss black. I am pleased with how they turned out.
I'll have to take a closer picture of them and post it.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 04:57:46 PM
*Originally Posted by KawaJagz [+]
.....luckily I am in the engineering trade so was able to make a couple of new bar end weights with the outer end turned down to suit....

Everyone loves a "foreigner". 😁
Many a year since I worked at an engineeing company that actually had a machine shop.
It breaks my heart every time I have to pay full rate for stuff I used to be able to get done for the price of a pint or even just a thank you.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 05:00:48 PM
As promised, here is a pic of my Highsider mirror with my homemade bar-end weights.