Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rizoma mirrors knock offs, anyone tried them?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Re: Rizoma mirrors knock offs, anyone tried them?
Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 05:05:41 PM
*Originally Posted by KawaJagz [+]
As promised, here is a pic of my Highsider mirror with my homemade bar-end weights.

Nice work. 👍
Did the red bits come with the mirrors?
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 08:24:28 AM
No they didn't, those came with the cheap chinese mirrors that I tried first, but utilised them with the Highsiders 👍
Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 08:34:01 AM by KawaJagz
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 01:25:27 PM
👍
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 01:11:10 PM
*Originally Posted by BartZ [+]
One of my mirrors got slightly damaged so considering either buying new/used OEM replacement or aftermarket.

Anyone tried those? Under reviews someone included pictures of them installed on Z900, I think they look quite good on the bike. Opinions?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32817829662.html?shortkey=A7nYrURF&addresstype=600

Color: 801-0027-Black

I have those exact mirrors fitted to my Z900. I am quite pleased with them, they fit well, feel sturdy, and allow a bit more flexibility with regard to adjustments than the stock mirrors. I contrary to what others write above, I experience no problems with regard to optics, at least not compared to the stock mirrors. I did experience three issues: 1) it's important to tighten the screws very well, otherwise the mirrors could flap back at higher speeds; 2) I needed to buy extra spacers to fit the mirrors a bit wider, since my elbows were blocking half of my view before; 3) the screws in the kit are not stainless steel, they developed a bit of rust staining after a while, so I painted them black.

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 05:34:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Flyingraptor [+]
I have those exact mirrors fitted to my Z900. I am quite pleased with them, they fit well, feel sturdy, and allow a bit more flexibility with regard to adjustments than the stock mirrors. I contrary to what others write above, I experience no problems with regard to optics, at least not compared to the stock mirrors. I did experience three issues: 1) it's important to tighten the screws very well, otherwise the mirrors could flap back at higher speeds; 2) I needed to buy extra spacers to fit the mirrors a bit wider, since my elbows were blocking half of my view before; 3) the screws in the kit are not stainless steel, they developed a bit of rust staining after a while, so I painted them black.

Thanks for the input, how did you made them a bit wider with spacers? Any chance for some pictures?

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 08:23:11 AM
*Originally Posted by BartZ [+]
Thanks for the input, how did you made them a bit wider with spacers? Any chance for some pictures?

I bought some spacers on Aliexpress. I do have a picture (not the best, but it will give you an idea on how it looks like):