Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 bike first impressions.  (Read 364 times)

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900FLF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
2020 bike first impressions.
on: September 15, 2020, 09:03:51 PM
OK picked up my 2020 bike up today has 400 miles on at collection now has 600 miles on .Has had first service so no expense later this  week for a service.The suspension doesn't feel quite so harsh on bumps the rear spring feels stiffer will set sag later this week after swapping over parts that fit. Sounds slightly louder than 2019 stock exhaust  sticker says 98db @4750 rpm   although still running in same idling and slightly louder on acceleration.Bike is fitted with Powerbronze screen but buffeting around head at 70mph will experiment with spacers or remove for summer.Riding a normally used route across  the A272 a mix of single carriageway dual carriageway  and small towns etc I felt the bike was  quite balanced same as 2019 bike.Seat is not as comfortable as ergo seat on 2019 bike so will swap it over to compare.Not sure about new Dunlops having just come off Michelin road 5'sThe only major criticism is that the TFT screen whilst very clear and easy to read  is not in my peripheral  vision having to move my head to see it properly it could do with being moved forward closer to screen.Need to take view off road to see properly no point having a rev counter and  many other warnings when you cant see it.
Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:21:36 PM by bobw
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Re: 2020 bike first impressions.
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 01:54:51 AM
I agree the screen being so low it's not something that is easy to pay extreme attention to and as much as I enjoy my glimpses of it I have found myself getting a better feel for what it's doing without the need to look because of that, which makes me feel more in tune with the bike. I haven't had any real discomfort with my seat so far doing up to 2 hours of riding, but that's mostly around town not just straight highway without any stopping.

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900FLF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Re: 2020 bike first impressions.
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:59:59 PM
Changed the seat over today and went for short ride not much difference on a short ride but I did notice that the seats have the same part number on the bottom the accessory ergo seat has the Kawasaki stitching and a better look than the now standard seat just being plain.The accessory ergo seat doesn't match the pillion but didn't before either.Passenger seat will be changed for a new  seat cowl as my Ermax one doesn't match this bikes colour scheme. Are any of the Chinese seat cowls better than any other or are they all the same?.Can't afford a genuine one as her indoors will have a fit after buying the bike and  then spending loads on it,after I told her most stuff from other one will fit. :002:
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.