Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from Massachusetts (US)  (Read 1123 times)

Offline hamburgerhotdog

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Greetings from Massachusetts (US)
on: September 20, 2020, 03:02:15 PM
I told my girlfriend I was going to buy a new helmet...I came back a with a big smile. She's glad though, she thought she'd never hear the end of me saying "I want a Z900."

I've been riding my first bike ('97 Suzuki DR350) for 4 years now, saving and waiting for the right 'next' bike. I had my eye on the 2020 Z900 for months. I got a discount off MSRP on the candy blue, it wasn't my first choice from the photos but once I saw it in person -- especially those wheels and the exposed frame, I couldn't resist.

I wrote out the check now all I need to finish is registration so I can ride her home! The dream is finally coming true just in time for crisp fall rides. I'm sure I'll want to change the exhaust down the road but I'd like to go on some weekend trips around New England so I'll lean toward comfort/luggage accessories more than anything else.

I look forward to chatting with you all on the forum, maybe I'll see some of you out on the road someday. Cheers!

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Re: Greetings from Massachusetts (US)
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 05:18:46 PM
Congrats man! Enjoy your autumn rides.

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:31:47 PM
Welcome and congratulations! I too purchased a candy plasma blue Z and it has been exactly what you said, a dream come true!! Love every minute I get to spend on it, even just looking at it in the garage brings a huge smile.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 01:09:48 AM
Welcome and congrats! I bet that blue does look good especially after stickers are removed. Enjoy!!

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 04:58:32 AM
Congrats. Nice. 👍 I've yet to see another on the road. 🍻

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 06:50:18 AM
I like  the blue model.  Blue is my favorite color!congratulations!
Alabama 47

Offline hamburgerhotdog

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 10:57:27 AM
Massachusetts has an odd situation with the vehicle registry. I had to drive an hour to a drop off/pick up location otherwise I would have had to wait until October just to make an appointment locally. No way I was waiting that long.
My plate should be ready for pickup in less than 4 days, then I can ride home.

*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Congrats. Nice. 👍 I've yet to see another on the road. 🍻

Likewise. I saw a brand new Z400 around town but no 900s. A different dealers Yamaha stock was nearly completely gone, no MTs of any size left. A lot of dealers around her were completely sold out of beginner bikes and anything under $4,000.

It seems the vast majority of local riders are either firefighters on Harleys or tradespeople on Harleys. Its nice to have something different!

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: New York
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 02:02:26 AM
Welcome and great choice of color.  I too have a 2020 in candy plasma blue. Pictures do not do it justice but in person.. wow   Enjoy!!

Offline hamburgerhotdog

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 06:17:54 PM

Wowee! Ive had the bike for a few days now, its quite a jump from my 25HP bike. It is so smooth compared to a single cylinder. Just in time for a beautiful weekend here in Massachusetts. Im still within the break in period for the engine and tires so Im going easy, but holy cow the power is nuts and the roar when accelerating makes me giddy.

Next Ill definitely get a throttle grip assist, I work in carpentry and I can feel my wrist act up after awhile (carpal tunnel or whichever). I want to make it a bit more comfortable for weekend getaways and day trips so small saddlebags will be in my sights for the new year. Also need a rear stand to keep that chain pretty.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 06:49:46 PM
*Originally Posted by hamburgerhotdog [+]

Wowee! Ive had the bike for a few days now, its quite a jump from my 25HP bike. It is so smooth compared to a single cylinder. Just in time for a beautiful weekend here in Massachusetts. Im still within the break in period for the engine and tires so Im going easy, but holy cow the power is nuts and the roar when accelerating makes me giddy.

Next Ill definitely get a throttle grip assist, I work in carpentry and I can feel my wrist act up after awhile (carpal tunnel or whichever). I want to make it a bit more comfortable for weekend getaways and day trips so small saddlebags will be in my sights for the new year. Also need a rear stand to keep that chain pretty.
It may be the shape of the handle bars. They have a weird shape, many have changed them. Try rolling them a bit without contacting the tank.