Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sad night for my Z  (Read 5137 times)

Online Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Re: Sad night for my Z
Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 12:43:37 AM
And theyíve had your bike how long....? I would have lost my sh#t long ago!!!🙏🏻

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Collegeville
Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 01:05:43 AM
Will be 3 weeks on Saturday, absolutely terrible service going on there, makes me grateful that I don't run my repair shop the way they run theirs. If there were actually independent bike shops around me I would have had one of them do the estimate as they would probably treat me much better but much like the horror stories my customers tell me about car dealership repair staff this dealer is just as bad with bikes.

Online Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 01:33:43 AM
Dang! That sucks you donít have any choice. I hear you on that, I only go to dealers under warranty issues and even then I hate it! I have as much fun at dealers as I do at hospitals or funerals!  Although the dealer I bought my Z from was in a little neighboring town that was family owned/ran and it was a pleasant experience. I think I would go back there for service even though itís a lot further than other dealers. Matter of fact I had local dealers tell me good luck for trying to find a low mileage bike for the money I got mine for from the one I purchased from. I think a lot of the big dealers still have that old boys club mentality that they make all the rules and you donít have a choice! They donít ever get my return business or Referrel!! Sorry the topic of dealers just gets my blood boiling every time! Except Universal city Kawasaki! Sorry to rant off of your rant! Good luck and hope you get bike back soon!!

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 10:59:50 PM
It's all good, rant all you want! So today the jerking around continued so I am picking the bike up tomorrow regardless. The fun part is a good friend of mine is friends with the owner of the dealership so I plan to tell the owner the story of my two experiences with the service department all in less than 3 months of purchasing 2 brand new bikes and even talking to the salesman about finding us an ATV I can mount a plow on. The salesman was great, also a friend of my good friend, the gear department guy was great, the service department brings a 5 star review worthy place down to 0, though I wouldn't stoop to that level. Maybe if talking to the owner doesn't get me the estimate I should be getting I will have to ask my insurance company to fight for replacement parts cost as it should be.

Online Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 02:12:40 AM
So whatever happened with your bike?

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 02:56:45 AM
Unfortunately no good updates, when I went in that Saturday the owner was delivering a bike and was not going to be back for a while so I had no option but to just pick up the bike, which added another reason to be annoyed because the service people didn't even ask if I planned to bring it back or if I wanted them to order anything just "ok here's your bill and you key" being an automotive repair shop owner that truly shows customer service of the poorest level to me. So I figured I better just try and get my insurance company to come do an appraisal and tried reaching out to the field agent handling my claim but after 3 weeks and me leaving 2 messages I have not heard back, hope she didn't end up sick or anything bad, but I do plan to try and reach back out to the main customer service tomorrow in Hope's they will step up to bat for me, being progressive does more motorcycle insurance than any other company I imagine they would be helpful but who knows. I just want it to be over so I don't get annoyed every time I look at it and so I can finally order stuff to begin getting it back to the way it should be.

Online Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 11:52:25 AM
Dang man sorry to hear. Hope it all works out in the end.

Offline Fogg72

• Z900 Pro
  • 🟢 Back to Kwak 🟢
  • Bike: Z900 & ZX6R
  • Town / City: Fareham
Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 10:36:56 AM
I work for a motorcycle dealer and it's not uncommon for damaged bikes to sit around for months waiting for insurance companies to get of their arses to come to appraise the damage, what's more annoying is that when they do eventually turn up they have a cursory look around it and are gone within 5 minutes. It's normally much faster to get the person at fault to pay out of pocket, and if the bill is less than their excess (I think you guys call it "deductible" , everyone's a winner.

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 07:36:02 PM
Her insurance company actually appraised it prior to me taking it to the dealer, since the company that did the estimate does not insure motorcycles I knew they didn't do a great job which is why I took it to the dealer for their estimate but they too made it obvious they didn't do a great job when they completely overlooked obvious damage. Hopefully on monday when my company does their own appraisal things will finally be quoted the way a practically brand new bike should be quoted and with replacement of damaged parts rather than repairs that I k ow wont bring it back to the condition it was in prior. Being an automotive repair shop owner and working in the industry for nearly 20 years I think I have a pretty good idea about what can and can't be repaired as opposed to replaced. Either way, happy Thanksgiving to everyone and hope you all stay safe!

Offline BlueRibbonRM

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 12:06:13 AM
Finally some good news, my company sent an appraiser out and finally gave me the evaluation it deserves. When I pointed out the parts in question they said they never repair something like that, only replace, so after all this time will finally be able to stop worrying about it. I never knew that when it comes to insurance they total a bike at around 60% of it's value unlike cars which are 80% they said the estimate fell just below the point of it being totaled so everything worked out well. Thanks everyone for chiming in and helping keep my mind more at ease these past 2 months!