Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Head cowl disassembly on 2020  (Read 433 times)

Online Zealous 900

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Fort Worth
Head cowl disassembly on 2020
on: October 19, 2020, 05:43:45 PM
I got a bit of a silly question here but Iím wondering if anyone has removed the silver fairing piece of the front cowl just above the headlight/under the windshield? Iím currently wrapping most of the bike satin black with the exception of the tank and the bottom silver fairings but the silver head just never sat right with me and I want to wrap it too. I just am struggling to find any videos on it for the 2020 as it seems to be different than previous models. Hereís what Iíve got so far but as you can see that silver head just doesnít fit with the rest, so any help would be appreciated. Itís holding me up with two screws at the very center that I canít get to so I need the whole headlight removed and I donít want to bite off more than I can chew especially if it is only a few steps and I just start removing everything lol

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Head cowl disassembly on 2020
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 06:40:17 PM
If the headlight on the 2020 is anything like the previous model, itís only 4 bolts and the whole assembly comes off. From there, you should be able to figure out how to take it off.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online Zealous 900

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 06:47:53 PM
It looks a bit different from the videos Iíve watched but Iíll give them another look and try again Iím sure they couldnít have made it too difficult I was just hoping for an easy way like the two side pieces of plastic on the fairing, thanks though I appreciate it

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 08:23:36 PM
I doubt they changed the mounting system on the 20 as it has mounted the same way since 03. The assembly slides on two posts.
Remove the bolts and then lift up and the whole assembly will come off.
2017 Z900

Online Zealous 900

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 12:28:43 AM
After some messing around with it I did figure it out. Maybe the guys I was looking at was a bit different because he had an aftermarket windscreen and the bracket holding it was different but there are also two more bolts I had to undo to wiggle it loose and probably couldíve done the two closer to the TFT display but didnít feel like it lol this is the final product though I appreciate yíallís help

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 07:16:28 AM
That looks much better 👍
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!