Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SW-Motech Evo Sport tankbag  (Read 982 times)

Offline ML

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
SW-Motech Evo Sport tankbag
on: November 11, 2020, 04:23:21 PM
Hi fellow Z riders,

Does anyone have a picture of the SW-Motech Evo Sport tankbag on a Z900?
Really like this one and I can get one cheap second hand, but I am worried it might be too small.
The City Evo is the one SW-Motech tested and recommends on their website, don't like the high adventure bike style though.

Other question: do I have to buy the expensive Z900 tankring with the new steel adapter plate or is it possible to buy an evo tankring secondhand that fits?
Is there a hack with an older tankring or do I just have to bite the bullet?

Thanks!

Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:23:57 PM by ML

Offline spacejunkiehsv

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Huntsville
Re: SW-Motech Evo Sport tankbag
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 11:14:20 PM
bumping this... I am interested in a tank bag as well.

Offline ML

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 04:51:04 PM
Sold the EVO Sport and went with the EVO City, also used.

The Sport is too big and flat for the Z900 tank.

The PRO system with magnets is supposedly even better, so would go for that if you buy new (not many on the used market).

You can't go wrong with SW-Motech, great quality and ease of use. Givi comes close but the tank ring looks like a dinner plate. As does Hepco and Becker, but their tankbag designs are either are too flashy, or look like something designed 20 years ago.

Offline JRB900

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900 SE Blue
  • Town / City: Portland
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:30:52 PM
Not exactly what you're asking for, but SW-Motech doesn't list this bag as an 'option' when filtering by the Z900, I had it on my old bike (CB650R) and moved to Z (had to adjust where the bottom part was drilled in).

It's the EVO Engage tank bag, I think it looks great, if not a 'lil' small for some stuff, but usually holds anything for a quick trip

https://sw-motech.us/products/luggage/tank+bags/EVO+tank+bag/4052572042762.htm

A quick note, the EVO you have to drill inside to install, the new PRO (I think that's the new stuff) does not, but I don't think they have this version in that.  Not a huge deal really once it's installed.

Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 10:37:10 PM by JRB900