Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Evotech rear axle bobbins/sliders install  (Read 879 times)

Offline Alex34

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Aylesbury
Re: Evotech rear axle bobbins/sliders install
Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 04:41:51 PM
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]

Would something like this work?

I was struggling to describe what was in my head with words... it's been one of those day. So i drew a picture for you!

Yeah... I think so. I was going to try a few things with the OEM split pin. Cutting it into two smaller pieces and pin the top and bottom separately was my first guess and should work.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

Offline Alex34

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #11 on: November 23, 2020, 10:19:32 AM
The stock pin is too thick for me to manipulate they way I want to and still get the rod through the axle. Going to have to try something else or purchase that Gilles locking nut.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 01:23:10 PM
Gilles nut :007: it looks cool, doesnt require a pin, dont need to tighten it past the correct torque to get the slots to line up and its titanium. The weight saving alone has got to be worth 1bhp lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Alex34

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 02:03:30 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Gilles nut :007: it looks cool, doesnt require a pin, dont need to tighten it past the correct torque to get the slots to line up and its titanium. The weight saving alone has got to be worth 1bhp lol.

Lol