Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Licence Plate Holder Top Bloc Racing  (Read 1361 times)

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Sandhurst
Re: Licence Plate Holder Top Bloc Racing
Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 03:21:06 PM
This is the thread I'd seen earlier re. the Evotech & Blaze combo:

https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,2618.msg32043.html#msg32043

It may be that the only option is to go "minimalist" on the indicators, not something I really wanted to do.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 03:50:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
The Top Blok tail tidy certainly seems to be a very comprehensive and well engineered piece of kit.
 However I agree with others that its not the most attractive to look at which is a shame because France is capable of producing VERY attractive things.

par exemple.  :038:
Yeah but there are those who would complain about 'thigh highs'.  :112:
Not me.

Offline PFEN

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: L'Est de PARIS
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 04:11:15 PM
yes it was the customs taxes added to the shipping costs that made me cancel the order.  the price was almost multiplied by 2. that would not have made me become a tramp but there is a moment when the reasonable wins.😏

Offline PFEN

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: L'Est de PARIS
Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 07:39:28 AM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
I don't like the design. Looks similar to stock, maybe slightly shorter. The whole point of these are to eliminate the long ugly fender...unless laws in your area make them illegal.

you were wright  :038:
i made a provisional assembly. do not tighten anything.Just to see what it looks like.and it's ugly :027:
I mean I don't like the licence plate light led power cable.
impossible ti hide properly.we only see this 'thing' going down to join the turn signal cables.
well ,I lost some money  :019: but it's better than putting on an accessory that don't think is beautiful on my bike. :169:

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 10:26:53 AM
*Originally Posted by ChrisTr [+]
I've been mulling over getting a tail tidy and I quite like the look of that TBR one, so thanks!

I want to make sure I don't end up buying the wrong one as I would like to:

a) keep the original indicators where possible
b) fit the SW-Motech Blaze panniers

Anyone got a tail tidy & Blaze?  I don't really like the really minimalist ones.

You'll have trouble finding a tail tidy that will match with original indicators and the SW Motech Blaze panniers. Maybe the tail tidy bought by PFEN will stick out far enough to make it work? Anyhow, I had to resort to aftermarket indicators to be able to fit both a tail tidy and the Blaze panniers. Some pics:

PS: these pics are from last year, I now have another tail tidy fitted which brings the indicators even closer together and in such has more clearance with the panniers.

Offline ChrisTr

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Sandhurst
Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 03:41:44 PM
*Originally Posted by Flyingraptor [+]
You'll have trouble finding a tail tidy that will match with original indicators and the SW Motech Blaze panniers. Maybe the tail tidy bought by PFEN will stick out far enough to make it work? Anyhow, I had to resort to aftermarket indicators to be able to fit both a tail tidy and the Blaze panniers. Some pics:

That's very useful, thanks  :028:  Given PFEN's latest comments I'm now not quite so sure about that one and may stick the Evotech one back at the top of the list  :002:

Anyway, I can't see me making any purchases of the Blaze or a tail tidy much this side of spring next year so plenty of time for more research to be done!  :001:

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 06:26:18 PM
That's very useful, thanks  :028:  Given PFEN's latest comments I'm now not quite so sure about that one and may stick the Evotech one back at the top of the list  :002:

Anyway, I can't see me making any purchases of the Blaze or a tail tidy much this side of spring next year so plenty of time for more research to be done!  :001:

You're welcome! Just FYI: the tail tidy on the picture is (the Aliexpress version of) the R&G one. The indicators are also Aliexpress items (very nice quality, by the way).
Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:26:56 PM by Flyingraptor

Offline Fogg72

• Z900 Pro
  • 🟢 Back to Kwak 🟢
  • Bike: Z900 & ZX6R
  • Town / City: Fareham
Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 10:21:48 PM
*Originally Posted by Flyingraptor [+]
You're welcome! Just FYI: the tail tidy on the picture is (the Aliexpress version of) the R&G one. The indicators are also Aliexpress items (very nice quality, by the way).

Can I ask what is the width of your number plate? I'm just trying to guesstimate the distance between the panniers, unless you know it?

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
*Originally Posted by Fogg72 [+]
Can I ask what is the width of your number plate? I'm just trying to guesstimate the distance between the panniers, unless you know it?

Available distance between the panniers: 32-33 cm.
Width of the licence plate: 21 cm.

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: New York
Reply #19 on: December 11, 2020, 12:08:01 AM
The Evotech is (was?) top of my list but I thought I'd read elsewhere on the forum that although it used the standard indicators it then didn't play nicely with Blaze fittings.

I'll have to go and have another look now!
Maybe it was me but either way I purchased the evo tech one and had issues with the connections and never got the turn signals to work. It also sticks out far like the stock one and puts the turn signals out to the sides farther. I noticed i was hitting them swinging my leg over to get on the bike. I am 6'3" with long legs but still.  I ended up buying a vagabond once they were back up and running due to ridiculous business closures. Sorry bout that don't get me started. I still have the evo tech. I probably should sell it.  :084: