Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Translogic Quickshifter  (Read 3345 times)

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Translogic Quickshifter
on: November 28, 2020, 08:49:15 PM
I am considering if I should get a Translogic quickshifter for my 2018 Z900 ... pros and cons ?
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Translogic Quickshifter
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 08:50:25 PM
Pro - fun
Con - expensive

What else you want to know lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Pro
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 09:26:36 PM
As Rob said, fun factor and cost are the major points here. What I also like is that it works straight from the box, with other makes you have to mess around with setting it all up and other nonsense, this is plug and play.

Since I had it, it worked great and it seem to work smoother with time, its got this "adaptive-shift-technology" which I think may help it learn to shift smoother? maybe, anyway never missed a shift with it. Some people complained on FB that Z900 gearbox gets loads of neutrals and the gears drop out, I had few miss shifts prior installing QS, but since I had it, none. I think these must have been rider errors due to lack of firm shifts.

Bottom line if you can afford it go for it, you wont regret it.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 11:57:25 PM
If you got the cash for it, theres no downside from what I heard. It looks freaking fun
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 10:24:08 AM
Thanks for the replies .. my concern are if it is bad for the gearboks in the long term, can I still use  the clutch if I ride in the city (slow riding) ... I will  not install it myself .. I will let a kawasaki mechanic do the install (peace of mind, so I know  I did not ### anything up myself)
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 11:27:50 AM
Frontline has one since a long time and he didnt report any problem. You still need to check your adjustment even with a qs.

You can use your clutch like you normally do right now if you wish
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 12:18:13 PM
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
my concern are if it is bad for the gearboks in the long term
I've had a QS since almost new (now have 31k) and its never been a cause for concern. I will further add that I feel it makes my clutch pack last longer because they are always engaged (except for 1st gear). Besides, QS'ers are used in many bikes today from factory and its not like they are using any special transmission components for QS use. Except for the top of the line machines, its all the same parts.

While 1st to 2nd gear feels more like a jolt at lower RPM's, the rest of the gear changing with a QS is so smooth it can seem like voodoo.

For the record, I'm using the HealTech QS and would not hesitate to use again. Unless its an old classic, a QS is always going to be the 1st mod on any bike I have.

*Originally Posted by BartZ [+]
Some people complained on FB that Z900 gearbox gets loads of neutrals and the gears drop out, I had few miss shifts prior installing QS, but since I had it, none. I think these must have been rider errors due to lack of firm shifts.
If I'm honest, I'm guilty of this too. Sometimes you aren't focused enough in the foot action and I've ghost neutral mine a few times. A nice firm foot lift...and maybe even hold a little upper pressure for a half second  :305:
Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:25:40 PM by Frontline

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 01:25:10 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
I've had a QS since almost new (now have 31k) and its never been a cause for concern. I will further add that I feel it makes my clutch pack last longer because they are always engaged (except for 1st gear). Besides, QS'ers are used in many bikes today from factory and its not like they are using any special transmission components for QS use. Except for the top of the line machines, its all the same parts.

While 1st to 2nd gear feels more like a jolt at lower RPM's, the rest of the gear changing with a QS is so smooth it can seem like voodoo.

For the record, I'm using the HealTech QS and would not hesitate to use again. Unless its an old classic, a QS is always going to be the 1st mod on any bike I have.
If I'm honest, I'm guilty of this too. Sometimes you aren't focused enough in the foot action and I've ghost neutral mine a few times. A nice firm foot lift...and maybe even hold a little upper pressure for a half second  :305:

Thanks for the response! ... My choise are between healtech and translogic .. translogic are a bit more  expensice but it may also be worth the extra cash to spend, who knows :) both brands seem to do the job

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 07:28:36 PM
As of now I can see that the healtech qs seems to be more friendly when it comes to fiddle with the device.. setting up from a app on your phone vs needing to check green/yellow and red lights on translogic if you want or need to mess with the settings (even though translogic says that it should not be needed) I got a custom tune on my  ecu so it COULD be needed since Translogic qs is set up for a standard bike so as of now I am leaning towards Healtechs qs..

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 11:08:41 PM
I've read only good things about Translogic. I've also heard you don't need to configure anything. I still prefer the HealTech because of the flexibility and invisible once installed.

The HealTech, Translogic, DynoJet and Annitori are 100% stand alone units. The ECU doesn't care or know if you have one installed.
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 11:09:58 PM by Frontline