Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stolen  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Keenconsumer

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Wellington
Stolen
on: November 29, 2020, 08:58:23 AM
My 2019 Z900 reg B1YLE was stolen 14th November from under the "24/7 CCTV" sign opposite the Reception of the Napier Quality Inn in New Zealand.  It seems the CCTV was turned off the day before to be replaced, and nobody saw anything  from behind the Reception desk 3m away.
    Black and white with the vivid green frame
    Vin JKAZR900BBA029138
    Engine ZR900BEO65227
    About 6,500kms on the clock
    Has an aftermarket smoked screen, Givi pannier racks, Givi tankloc, Garmin holder, crash bars, Dinali soundbomb, Oxford heated grips, Helite jacket tether, electric jack off the rider seat, etc.

If you come across it please let the police know.

Cheers
Givi multilock panniers, tankloc tank bag, radiator guard, handguards; Oxford touring heat grips with V8 switch; Denali sound bomb; Helite air bag; Garmin Zumo 396.

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
Re: Stolen
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 09:08:09 AM
That really sucks, people who steal and damage other people's property really get under my skin.

I hope they find the scumbags responsible and give them a good whipping (out of sight of any cctv of course).
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 12:41:37 PM
There is NO worst feeling than coming outside and you can't find your car/bike where you left it. First is confusion then the sinking feeling of what actually happened...then followed by pure anger :232:

They need to treat a car/motorcycle thief like they treated horse thief here 100+ years ago....death penalty.

BTW: How does insurance work over in NZ? Will they need to wait 30 days before they can write you a check and do they give you replacement value?

Offline Keenconsumer

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Wellington
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 11:48:25 PM
The police took a report over the phone.  They didn't attend and I haven't heard from them since. 

The insurance company appointed a private investigator who took a statement from me and will "pursue enquiries" with the Quality Inn.  Haven't heard from the insurance company at all.  In theory I should've been paid out already, but I suppose they want to make sure I didn't do it myself for the payout. 

As for replacement value, well, that tends to be what they say it is in insurance land, not what you can actually buy in the real world.

Apparently there's been a spate of bike thefts in NZ because Covid has disrupted the supply chain so there's a market to get spare parts quickly... e.g. panniers for the Kawasaki SX will not be available until February.  Perfect end to a perfect year! 
Givi multilock panniers, tankloc tank bag, radiator guard, handguards; Oxford touring heat grips with V8 switch; Denali sound bomb; Helite air bag; Garmin Zumo 396.

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 12:53:54 AM
*Originally Posted by Keenconsumer [+]
As for replacement value, well, that tends to be what they say it is in insurance land, not what you can actually buy in the real world.
Don't accept or settle for a check amount that is below an actual real world replacement. I would start printing ads from 2019 models with similar mileage and condition of yours as a way to show them the going rate in case they low ball you. Unfortunately, used Z900 probably don't come up often where you are so that may be tough to impossible.

BTW: MTB riding the "old ghost road" (in NZ) has been on my bucket list for a while.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 09:20:39 PM
That sucks. I can only imagine. I had a bicycle stolen in 1996 and I still keep an eye out for it.

Offline Fogg72

• Z900 Pro
  • 🟢 Back to Kwak 🟢
  • Bike: Z900 & ZX6R
  • Town / City: Fareham
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 11:33:16 PM
I've had two bikes nicked in the last 8 years, I feel your pain.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 03:06:27 AM
*Originally Posted by Fogg72 [+]
I've had two bikes nicked in the last 8 years, I feel your pain.
Back then, woe betide the poor bastard I caught on that bike. Now, time has softened my anger so I'd probably just knock him off it and give him a piece of my mind. It was a Scott San Francisco hybrid with a modification I would recognize tho it's probably long ago been sent to the dump.
One thing I learned looking for that bike in the years that followed... there's like millions of bikes in a city or so it seems. 😂

Offline iakona

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: New York
Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 02:06:47 AM
There is no worse type of person to me than a thief. I have no compassion what so ever for them. Like Frontline said, death penalty and only that. Sorry for your loss and best of luck with everything.