Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Show me your helmet!  (Read 8586 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Show me your helmet!
Reply #40 on: June 06, 2021, 09:40:24 AM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
We need the industry to invent a helmet that is quiet enough you don't need to wear ear plugs. We put people on the moon 52 years ago but still can't make a truly quiet helmet.

Had to google it as it couldnt remember the name, but just remembered reading about a different type of helmet design a couple of years ago. Checked online and they are for sale. Have a look at the Vozz RS 1.0

Theres a video demonstration on youtube too. Clever idea really and dont know why I havent heard more about it.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline okiz900

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
Reply #41 on: June 06, 2021, 12:40:34 PM
We need the industry to invent a helmet that is quiet enough you don't need to wear ear plugs. We put people on the moon 52 years ago but still can't make a truly quiet helmet.

I have to say my Shoei GT-Air II helmet is very quiet especially considering the air flow. It test very well in quietness, usually in the top 5. I guess quietness is relative as well as measurable though. I used to ride with skid lids back in the day when I rode Harley's, lots o' noise then.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #42 on: June 15, 2021, 01:12:30 PM
Agree...

What I have noticed is that some helmets are quieter than others, but they all make noise. It's mostly from the open space around the neck. When I wear my leather jacket and lift my shoulders UP against the open space around neck/helmet... the jacket collar creates a seal with nearly no wind noise whatsoever. My mesh jackets can't do this because the collar material isn't as stiff as the leather. I suppose I could wrap a long scarf around neck/helmet area.... looking like Snoopy the Red Baron with scarf blowing in the wind,  lol.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
Reply #43 on: June 15, 2021, 03:02:42 PM
*Originally Posted by RedRooster [+]
Agree...

What I have noticed is that some helmets are quieter than others, but they all make noise. It's mostly from the open space around the neck. When I wear my leather jacket and lift my shoulders UP against the open space around neck/helmet...

Could be an opening in the market for a Helmet Pelmet.  :008:
Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Raapio

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 Performance
  • Town / City: Heerhugowaard
Reply #44 on: June 16, 2021, 06:26:29 AM

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #45 on: July 25, 2021, 09:17:30 PM
Finally decided to try an Arai helmet (Defiant-X).

Those face shield brow vents!  OMG, they are the bee's knees when humidity and temperature is high.

Turn your head about 5 degrees one side or the other, and a LOT of air flows in and past the temple area with super cooling affect.

My Schuberth S2 is a bit quieter and flows more air on top of the head... but Arai's brow vents are fantastic !!!

Offline KAWKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Montgomery
Reply #46 on: August 11, 2021, 02:32:24 AM

Offline PJ69

• Z900 Pro
  • Government funded = tax payer funded
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Rushden
Reply #47 on: August 11, 2021, 07:15:37 PM
Quick pit stop at Chris Walkers place in Grantham, before heading off to the Cat & Fiddle and the twisty run down in to Macclesfield.

Shoei GT Air 2 Panorama TC-5

The government cannot give anything to a person it has not first taken from someone else.

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Reply #48 on: November 21, 2021, 01:27:34 AM
Bought Shoei NXR (RF1200) few days ago on sale (319 euros + 60 euros for dark smoke visor).  Manufactured in 2021, so its not old stock although that model is 7-8 years old.

Shoei NXR, HJC RPHA10+, X-lite X802R.

All colors are beautiful if they are black  :001:

Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 01:39:21 AM by 3alfa3