Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tall or Ergo Seat  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Janne

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Janne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Re: Tall or Ergo Seat
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 06:54:09 AM
Thanks BorderlineBiker,
I just been to the dealer and they will get another seat in as they compared mine with one from a new bike in the showroom. Hoping for a happy ending. Enjoy the riding and stay safe.
Cheers

Offline BorderlandBiker

• Z900 Member
  • Retired, 77, knees are shot from surfing
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Royal Oaks
Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 12:55:04 PM
make sure the TALL seat you get from the Kawa dealer is the correct one for the year of your Z900...The serial number # for the tall seat for my 2021 ended in -------48....Best of luck

Offline Janne

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Janne
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 01:39:59 AM
Hi Again,
I did, unfortunately not, have any luck with the seat from the local dealer who's spares department now tell me that all Z900 in AU have the tall/ergo seat installed... They have drawn this conclusion since my seat is the same as the one they ordered in and the same as a 2021 model in the showroom (based on the label on the box the seat came in). Try to suggest that it could be the wrong seat in the box but no one listen to that suggestion.... So, is there anyone who know how to identify the tall/ergo seat or maybe some one have the dimensions?? 

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 03:51:05 AM
*Originally Posted by Janne [+]
Hi Again,
I did, unfortunately not, have any luck with the seat from the local dealer who's spares department now tell me that all Z900 in AU have the tall/ergo seat installed... They have drawn this conclusion since my seat is the same as the one they ordered in and the same as a 2021 model in the showroom (based on the label on the box the seat came in). Try to suggest that it could be the wrong seat in the box but no one listen to that suggestion.... So, is there anyone who know how to identify the tall/ergo seat or maybe some one have the dimensions??
            If its as thick/tall as one on right its the bigger seat option. One on left is standard old school oem. You sound like you need a aftermarket custom seat.🍻

Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:54:03 AM by Led Zed 70

Offline Janne

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Janne
Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 04:15:47 AM
Thanks Led Zed 70,
it's difficult to say from those pictures but the one I did purchase as a tall seat (and returned) did not have Kawasaki embroidered. I would have expected Kawasaki to sort out what is what but it seems difficult so I will consider an aftermarket seat.

Cheers/Janne