Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z900 ABS , version 2020, CEL light blinking , error code not displaying,  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
*Originally Posted by Indian_girl [+]
yeah may be result of installing too much electronic in new version or may be genuine problem. the only fear is that if untrained dealer mechanics will say "just drive no problem, its a fault blink". and you will never know what is the problem.     Yep I agree! Good thing I dont have all those fancy gadgets on my 2017! I just have a weak frame with a fancy little fix her up bracket!!

Offline Khukinatya

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2021/Z900
  • Town / City: Budapest
*Originally Posted by Khukinatya [+]
Bought a brand new 2021 model in december and at the handover the CEL was already blinking. It's like blink-blink-pause, blink-blink-pause.

Turned out 2021 models need some kind of registration. The blinking meant the bike was in "shipping mode". Dealer resolved it in 5 minutes...
Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:28:58 AM by Khukinatya

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Turned out 2021 models need some kind of registration. The blinking meant the bike was in "shipping mode". Dealer resolved it in 5 minutes...

Same with my 2020, dealer did that before delivery.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Well hopefully that solves the riddle!

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900 ABS & Z400 ABS

What's the purpose of this and how did the dealer miss this when it was sold?  Shipping mode keep the miles from racking up or something? Limit the performance to prevent it from being stolen or wanted unless properly running?   I was searching the SM and found no reference to a shipping mode.    :027:

Offline Khukinatya

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2021/Z900
  • Town / City: Budapest
As I remember they said this "registration" provide information for the factory, so they know where and when the bike was sold to a customer.
Info about this "shipping mode" is in the Assembly documentation. (I don't know the proper english phrase for it.)