Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear fender extender  (Read 968 times)

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Re: Rear fender extender
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 03:29:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Bentham [+]
I fitted one from the start to mine in 2019 as I ride in the U.K. all year round. Thereís also the fill in piece you might be able to source for the area above the number plate hanger if you want to reduce the amount of crud thrown at your back by the back wheel.

Good tip! I tried to go for the sleekest look, and opted for a tail-tidy before. I went for a ride today after fitting the fender extender, and it seems to help with keeping the tail of the bike a bit cleaner. However, the tail light and pillion seat still got a bit of smudge. Keeping the original licence plate holder and adding that extra mudguard/fill-in-piece will probably be the best combo if you really want to maximize the effort.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 04:51:06 PM
Thatís good thinking using the rivets!  Also I did not know about the extra piece under the taillight!  I might have to get one of those!  Where do u get it at?
Alabama 47

Offline Bentham

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Bristol
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 09:59:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
Thatís good thinking using the rivets!  Also I did not know about the extra piece under the taillight!  I might have to get one of those!  Where do u get it at?

I think it was listed as an accessory a few years back but now delisted. I saw a clean used one on eBay & snapped it up. It makes a massive difference to the amount of crud thrown over the back in wet riding.

Offline Kurzschluss

• Z900 Member
  • our world need brave hearts
  • Bike: ZR 900 F
  • Town / City: Dinslaken
Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 12:59:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Flyingraptor [+]
Hi guys,

I decided to finally install the rear fender extender which I had lying around. Winter snowfall gave me some time. 😉

Hopefully it will help a bit with keeping the back of the bike clean when the roads are typical Belgian, AKA grimy.

I used this Chinese fender extender:
Just double sided tape was not going to be sufficient. So I drilled 3 x 4mm holes in the fender extender and fender to fit aluminum rivets:

Black looks better:

Hello, very good idea.
Looks really great!
Thank you for the detailed information and pics.
 :152:
ZR900F  2020  106 Nm  99.9 kW  206 kg
riding a Z900 keeps you dynamic

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 01:40:31 PM
*Originally Posted by Kurzschluss [+]
Hello, very good idea.
Looks really great!
Thank you for the detailed information and pics.
 :152:

You're welcome!  :028:
For add even a bit more detail: I used the ejector pin marks on the fender extender as guide where to drill the holes. On the picture with the bottom side of the fender extender you can see three in total, two more to the side, and one in the middle. The one in the middle would have ended up straight through the double-sided tape on the other side, so I opted not to use it. Instead, I drilled a hole in the two ejector pin marks on each side. Then, at the same distance towards the edge of the fender extender, I drilled a third hole in the middle, just a bit higher than the middle ejector pin mark. In such, all holes were at even distance from the edge.