Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from New York  (Read 478 times)

Offline CRAKALAKIN213

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Kawisexi Z900
  • Town / City: Long Island, NY
Hello from New York
on: April 08, 2021, 07:25:18 PM
Sup everyone! New-ish here (as I've been lurking for a few months) and have decided to finally make an account.

About me: I have been involved in some other forums for other vehicles I've owned, so I have a good grasp on the forum life (RamForum, VFRDiscussion, VFRWorld). I prefer to do as much of my own work as possible, but know my limitations. I am currently on my 5th season of riding with the Z being my 3rd bike, which bring up the next part.

The Bike:
*Whelp, it looks like my registration to the gallery is taking longer than I thought, so the pictures will have to be added in the thread later on.*
I have a 2020 Kawi Z900. Bought it new and took delivery on Nov. 19, 2020. This being my first new bike, I decided to stick to the break in procedures for the first half or so (once 400 miles clicked over, she's been "ridden"). Currently sitting at 574 miles on the clock, so it still needs to have the first service completed. That being said, some things have been done already.

Mods:
-Cheapo $30 amazon fender eliminator. VM-KZ910 for those wondering.
-$8 exhaust, though I also failed miserably at keeping it $8. Mine wound up being around $50, but I also did it at work, so maybe it cancels out? You decide.
-Ram mount X-grip handle bar mount for phone. Previously had steering stem version on my last bike but unfortunately could do that with the Z. This works though. :180: :180:
-Heated grips. Picked some heating elements to put under grips, wired that all up from the battery and through a relay and yada yada yada. In the end, I have heated Domino MotoGP grips (black with green ofc) and a discreet low profile switch that controls them.
-R&G radiator guard
-Woodcraft Swing arm spool sliders
-TechSpec Snake skin tank pads (full set). Had em on my last bike and while I wasn't trilled with em after a few years, figured they're still the best option.
Ok, I think that's it for now...yeah. You can bet there's more on the way though.

Previous Bikes (real quick, I promise):
2003 Honda VFR800
This one hurt to get rid of, but it is in the family still. I'll probably buy it back once I have the room for it.
1995 Suzuki Intruder 800
First bike. Friend bought for $500 as a gift to me. I fixed it up and got it running, kinda. Fired on one cylinder till midway through the RPMs, then the second would fire up and run great. Totally dangerous, but kinda felt like a "boost" button in a video game. Either way, rode it for a few hundred miles before I realized I wasn't a cruiser guy and sold it to some unsuspecting fool. :450: :450: :450:

Alright I think that's enough of an intro. Even if I'm not posting or replying, I'll be lurking here often enough just to keep up to date on all things Z900. See ya 'round
Sent from my smooth brain using nothing but a colander helmet with a tinfoil antenna.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Re: Hello from New York
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 03:59:37 AM
Welcome! Good choice!

Offline CRAKALAKIN213

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Kawisexi Z900
  • Town / City: Long Island, NY
Re: Hello from New York
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:23:55 PM
The day I picked it up

How it sits today

My take on the $8 exhaust

My '03 VFR800 when I shipped 'er off

'95 Suzuki Intruder
Sent from my smooth brain using nothing but a colander helmet with a tinfoil antenna.